Mylonite

This was the longest chapter so far!! Over 3,100 words, not counting this little AN.

But to buisness!!

Someone requested a picture of Orochimaru in prison, and since I'd actually been itching to draw it, I did!!

Sorry if it didn't come out that well. I have tried drawing digitally, but I don't have a good platform (??) So it never looks good. Any artists out there, I would appreciate any reccomendations!!

Anyways, enjoy!!!

▪▪▪

"Miss Toph," Naruto's voice was unusually somber. "I'm going away for a little while."

Toph cocked her head at him from where she sat on Kakashi's couch, Pakkun sitting in her lap. "Where? Not back to that apartment I hope."

"Hahaha, actually, I'm leaving Konoha. Pervy Sage said that he'd make me stronger if I went with him, and I need to get stronger!"

"Pervy Sage?" Toph echoed. "I don't know, this guy doesn't sound very safe, Sunshine."

The pug on her lap hummed in agreement.

"No, no, he's not that bad. He taught me how to summon frogs! And I really do need to get stronger if I want to be Hokage." Naruto shoved what sounded like some clothes into a bag. "This is something I have to do."

Pakkun offered her a paw and she seized it. "Why can't you just train here?"

"We have to go and get the next Hokage, too." Naruto pointed out. "We can't do that from here."

She squished the pug's paw pads. "I know."

If the village was looking for the Hokage's successor, though, why would they be looking outside the village? Wouldn't they want someone whose loyalty was assured, who had proven their worth and strength from inside the village?

Toph bit back her reasonable questions and shot him a smile. "Be safe, okay?"

He was suddenly there, squeezing both her and the puppy in a tight hug. "Thank you for... for everything."

Toph felt her eyebrows crease slightly, but by the time Naruto released her and bounded over to his bag her face was smooth. "You'd better come back, Sunshine. And you'd better not be hurt. And you need to write to me every few weeks."

She could feel his confusion. "But... Miss Toph... you can't read."

Toph felt around for the closest freestanding thing (a pillow), and chucked it at him. "Kakashi can. And Anko. If I ask nicely, one of them will probably read it to me."

"Oh," Naruto said slowly. "I see. Okay!"

"Oma and Shu," Toph squished again. "You're not coming back, are you? You're just going to die. And that pervy dude will have to bring your remains."