The Village

Yuki was up before the sun started to rise, making her way to the giant wooden doors that protected Konoha. She watched the colors dance across the sky as the forest began to thin and the village slowly came into view. A small smile made its way to her lips, knowing that she was almost there, that she was that much closer to becoming a part of the life inside of those walls. She had to stop herself from running, trying everything she could to gain her composure. As she neared the gate she noticed two men standing guard in front.

"What is your business here in Konoha?" He sounded friendly enough, obviously curious by her appearance and the bag she carried.

"I am here to see the Hokage. I am Yuki Mytaki, he is expecting me." Yuki replied with a smile

"Yes you are expected. You will wait with us until your guide has arrived. He will be taking you to the Hokage" the other man stepped aside and gestured for Yuki to stand beside him.

Yuki smiled and walked to the space the man had gestured to. She looked around, noticing the business of the village. People were shopping and talking to one another as they walked by, making conversations about the weather or their children.  This was it, this is what Yuki wanted, to be in this village with these people. Though she may be a ninja and capable of controlling her emotions, she found she was feeling a bit nervous, plus she had no idea who was going to guiding her to the Hokage. It had been a while since her family had taken a mission with the Hidden Leaf and there wasn't a face that looked familiar to her.

"Yuki Mytaki?" She heard a gentle voice call her name, snapping her out of her thoughts

"Yes" she answered turning to face the person who had addressed her

"I'm here to escort you to the Hokage. My name is Iruka Umino" He greeted her with a smile, completely radiating warmth in his word.

"It is very nice to meet you. I'm very honored to be here."

"I was thinking maybe you would like to see the village a little before meeting with the Hokage? He is a bit busy at the moment so we have some time to explore, if you don't mind of course." Iruka ended his sentence with a small laugh, obviously a little nervous himself

"I would enjoy that very much. " Yuki smiled and picked her bag up from the ground, walking towards Iruka

With that Iruka and Yuki began to walk around Konoha. Iruka pointed out all the locate attractions, where to eat, where to shop, everything one would need to know about the village. Iruka told Yuki about the academy where he was a teacher and what his students were like, pausing every now and again in their journey to say hello to the children who passed by. Yuki noticed how much Iruka enjoyed seeing the children and the children enjoyed it just as much. They came running from all over to stop their sensei and talk with him. Each time Iruka would introduce Yuki, and tell the children how she wanted to be a part of Konoha.  So many bright futures running around, the village had so much to offer.

"It should be time for you to meet with the Hokage. We're right around the corner." Iruka pointed down the street to a tall building.

They started down the street, Iruka continuing to greet people as they walked, clearly he was well liked in the village.

"Ah Kakashi." Iruka called to a man walking towards them, nose deep in a book.

"Iruka sensei." The man replied, stopping before he looked up. He closed the book and nodded towards Iruka, it seemed like he didn't even notice Yuki.

"Kakashi this is Yuki Mytaki, she's here to meet with the Hokage about becoming a member of the village." Iruka gestured towards Yuki

"It's nice to meet you Kakashi. My father Takami knew your father, he spoke very highly of him." Yuki smiled, looking the man over. She knew of him by reputation only, however their father's did know each other having completed a few missions together.

She waited for Kakashi to say something, but he was just looking at her with his one exposed eye. Yuki glanced at Iruka, hoping he knew what was going on. Iruka looked nervously at Yuki, cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Maybe their father's hadn't had as good of a relationship as she thought they had.

"Well it was nice to meet you." Yuki waved, becoming annoyed by the lack of words Kakashi had for her. She walked past him, leaving Iruka behind.

"What is wrong with you?!" Iruka scolded Kakashi once Yuki was out of ear shot. "Surely even you understand how rude that was?"

"I apologize Iruka sensei, I don't know what came over me." Kakashi placed a hand on the back of his neck, glancing over his shoulder to where Yuki had wandered off to. She had begun a conversation with one of the shop keepers. "I guess I was caught up with her talk of my father. He had mentioned Takami Mytaki before, they did indeed have a good relationship. The Mytaki family has a very intense genjutsu, one Konoha will benefit from if Yuki stays here."

"Well I was not informed of her genjustsu, that was a topic of discussion for the meeting." Iruka watched Yuki as she continued to talk "Your presence as ANBU captain will be required, I assume you know that?"

"I will be there with my team." Iruka nodded as he walked away from Kakashi to catch up with Yuki

"On time Kakashi." Iruka tossed the comment over his shoulder as he continued walking.

Kakashi watched as Iruka and Yuki began their journey again. Kakashi knew the first thing Iruka would do was apologize for his actions, that was very rude of me. I'm not really good with new people, everyone knows that. Kakashi continued on his way, he had very little time to get ready and be by the Hokage's side. Of course Yuki would not know he was there, in his ANBU attire his face was never seen and his robe covered his hair. In this case that was perfect because now he could stare at the girl without being caught. Kakashi smiled at his last thought, hoping Yuki would be able to show her families famous genjutsu.