34

Chapter 34:
LUCKY

"Harry?!"

Taylor was shocked when she heard a familiar voice. The voice that was always able to make her smile, even laugh. The voice that used to be able to control Taylor's emotions. The voice she always heard. Damn, how long has it been since Taylor heard his voice?

'Are your operations going well, doctor-insensitive?'

Harry's voice pulled Taylor back into the real world. Taylor sighed and was about to answer, but she stopped when she realized Liam's curious gaze was fixed on her.

Taylor smiled thinly at Liam before saying, "I'll return to my office and thank you so much, doctor Liam. I'll treat you at Starbucks later. See you later."

Without waiting for Liam's response, Taylor brought the phone back to her ear while walking outside and was about to answer, when Harry continued speaking.

'What the hell, Taylor? You want to go to Starbucks with Liam? You want to drink with another man? Oh, so this is what you do behind my back?'

Taylor frowned in surprise and leaned her back against the wall beside doctor Payne's door. "Geez, what are you saying? I just want to celebrate my success in saving the daughter of Zayn Malik."

'So the operation was successful?'

Taylor smiled and nodded even though Harry wouldn't see the smile on her lips and her nod. "I'm very happy because I did it!"

'I'm very happy because you're happy!' Taylor chuckled amusedly at Harry trying to imitate her tone of speech, which was very forced.

Taylor closed her eyes and she didn't know why, her heart was still beating uncontrollably since she picked up the call.

"So, you want to hear from me. . . just now?" Taylor asked as she glanced at Martha who had just arrived from God who knows where.

The beautiful doctor grinned as Taylor glared and asked her to leave with a gesture. Martha nodded and whispered as she opened the door to her room, "Congratulations on your successful operation, doctor Swifty."

Taylor responded to Martha's words with a smile and nodded before listening to Harry's voice again.

'Is someone there?' Harry asked.

Taylor walked into her room while talking to Harry. "Wait a minute. I'll go to my office."

The doctor took out the key to the door to her room before opening the room and locked it from inside. After that, Taylor sat on her black swivel chair and cheerfully continued the conversation again.

"That was my colleague earlier. I'm in my office room now."

'You wasted a lot of time going into the room. You know, I'm about to board on a plane and a flight attendant scolded me for still having a phone call. Do you understand what I mean?' Taylor's smile vanished instantly. The girl closed her eyes.

"Okay, I understand. I'm just too happy because I can hear your jokes again."

'I miss you too, doctor Swift.' Taylor chuckled sadly.

"I never said that I missed you."

'You can hold on to me as long as possible, when we meet later."

Taylor closed her eyes and sighed. "Have a safe flight."

'Save my number. I'll call you after the plane lands. The stewardess is staring at me cynically, I have to turn off the phone, Tay. Goodbye.'