42

The fire of the camp burned the wood into embers as everyone clapped simultaneously

"Sueh, this song is about your family. How about you do the honor?"
Soana spoke.

"With pleasure."
Sueh grinned and started to sing.
"I was twenty four years old when I met the woman I would call my own. Twenty two grandkids now growing old. In the house that your brother bought ya."

Soana beamed when Zuko held a soft grin her way as he made tea for the group.

"Soana," Sueh said.

She cleared her throat.
"On the summer day when I proposed, I made that wedding ring in dentist gold, and I asked her father but her daddy said no, you can't marry my daughter."

"Sounds familiar!" Haru chimed resulting in everyone chuckling except for Zuko.

Soana giggled then belted.
"She and I went on a run, don't care about religion. I'm gonna marry the woman I love down by the Gaoling border."

Sueh took her turn.
"She was Isa of the Water Tribe, and he was Talo of Ba Sing Se. She took his heart and then they were one, down by the Gaoling border."

Toph and Katara grinned wildly as Reid stood up and walked away from the fire. Everyone grew confused but continued to clap when they saw him turn and run towards the fire only to jump over it, belting a howl.

"Now that's the way to party water tribe style!" Sueh laughed.

"Well, I met her in Omashu during the longest war, and she was working in a soldiers ward, never had I seen such beauty before, the moment that I saw her."

Zuko took a break from the tea making and went to Soana as Sueh sang. He held his hand out to her.
"You wanna see how I can party water tribe style?"

She raised her brows but accepted the challenges by grabbing his hand and bringing herself to her feet.

Zuko pulled her close as the two settled on spinning in fast circles and jumping steps.

She giggled until Zuko stopped and spun her under his arm, resulting in their hands breaking away and Soana stumbling with a faint grin.

The prince breathed heavily as she was still determined.

"Isa was my yellow rose, and we got married wearing borrowed clothes. We got eight children, now growing old. Five sons and three daughters."