Chapter 9: #SuperWho?

It was 6:45 AM and the radio turned on to make the morning announcements.

Female Reporter: And in this morning's headlines, Superman is at it again.

Kara then groans and smashes the radio clock. Later, Kara gets up and gets dressed for the day and heads to school with a headset on while listening to the news.

Female Reporter: And after such a trying ordeal, it was all thanks to Superman that the orphans were saved. In other news, Superman...

Radio Announcer: Metropolis's Big Blue Boy Scout, Superman, a hero for all of us--

Tourists: Superman! Superman! Superman!

Kara arrives at Metropolis High and takes off her headset.

Kara: *sighing* Finally, a place where I don't have to see his annoying face--"*reads the newspaper on her face**groans in frustration*

You then appear and turn to Kara and see the Daily Planetoid's latest newspaper.

(Y/N): I don't get it, how come everyone gives him the credit while other heroes bust their butts from saving other people.

Kara: I know right, I just want to prove that I'm a hero too.

You then see a picture of Lois Lane without her scrunchy, glasses, and numerous pencils in her hair.

Lois: What's buzzin', cousins?

(Y/N): Hey Lois.

Kara: *shows Lois the latest newspaper*"Why are you printing stuff about him in the school paper?

(Y/N): There are other heroes other than Superman, also I like your hairstyle when it's down and doesn't have any pencils or glasses.

Lois: *blushes and clears her throat* What's eatin' you, Danvers and Gax? That's a legitimate story and I'm a legitimate reporter. Got it?"*opens her laptop* Now who's got a pencil?

(Y/N): Have you checked-

Kara: *closes the laptop* There are way more important stories out there than Superman.

Jessica: *shows an article of dumping chemicals* She's right. I've got a lead on some terrible chemical dumping.

Kara: What if I told you there was another hero out there, hmm? A better hero, with all the same powers as Superman but even awesomer.

(Y/N): Or better yet superior.

Lois: I like your potatoes, Danvers, but where's the meat? What other hero's gonna get me an internship at the Daily Planet?

Kara: Ever heard of Supergirl or Ultraviolet?

Lois: Super who and who?

Kara then closes the laptop again.

Kara: Supergirl and Ultraviolet.

Lois: Eh, sounds like retreads to me. If this Supergirl of yours did anything to earn the front page, trust me, she'd be there. Now will someone please get me a pencil?

(Y/N): They're in your-

But before you can finish your thought, Kara then takes the pencils from Lois' hair and breaks them in half and then leaves the room.

Lois: Ah, there they are.

(Y/N): To be honest, I was going to say there's a pencil in your hair and the chemical dumping is front page material, I'm so sorry.