Chapter 115

Chapter 115 - Although, it was a bit bland compared to the original owner's richly colorful life... (3)

The Ruan family had a tradition of eating dumplings on birthdays. Since she had made plans with their son-in-law, Mother Ruan and Father Ruan went to the supermarket. They also took Little Wang along with them. They usually went to an outdoor marketplace to buy groceries, but it was too hot today. In addition, Little Wang's extra weight caused him to be sensitive to heat. So, the supermarket was obviously the better place to go. During summertime, their neighbors would also take their grandchildren to the supermarket to kill time.

Sitting in the shopping cart, Little Wang curiously looked around. He wanted to eat all of the junk food that he saw. Father Ruan and Mother Ruan had totally forgotten about their daughter's instructions. Whatever their grandson wanted, they would give it to him. It seemed there was simply a difference in treatment between parents and child and grandparents and grandchild.

Sitting in the shopping cart that was full of junk food, Little Wang expressed his happiness, "I like being with grandpa and grandma!"

Father Ruan cheerfully teased him, "Then you should come live with grandpa."

Little Wang's little face wrinkled. After considering the pros and cons for a while, he finally shook his head. "No, I still have to live with dad and mom."

Father Ruan smiled. "Why?"

"Sorry, grandpa." Little Wang looked apologetic. "I still like dad and mom the most. Dad and mom are in first place. Grandpa and grandma are in second place."

Even though his parents always limited the amount of junk food and ice cream that he ate, he still liked his parents the most and wanted to stay with them.

"You don't have to say sorry. It's only right that you like your parents the most." Mother Ruan rubbed his little head. "Everyone is like this."

Little Wang was a very clever child that could infer and deduce many things. Hugging a package of jello, he turned his eyes and curiously held onto the shopping cart. He asked, "Everyone likes their parents the most?"

"Yup." Mother Ruan nodded.

"Mom's parents are grandpa and grandma. Does that mean mom likes grandpa and grandma the most?"

Father Ruan and Mother Ruan glanced at each other. They both saw surprise in each other's eyes. For a child to ask this question....

Little Wang looked a bit sad. "I thought I was mom's favorite..."

Mother Ruan quickly comforted him, "Of course, you're her favorite person now. It's because you're her child."

"But didn't you guys say that everyone likes their parents the most?"

Father Ruan had a headache. Their grandson was truly very smart, but it was getting harder and harder to answer his questions!

For example, how were they supposed to answer this question?

Mother Ruan was quick-witted. She continued ruffling his hair and coaxed, "That's because your mom became a mother. Once she had you, you became her favorite."

Little Wang had his own style. "So when I become a mom, will dad and mom no longer be my favorite people?"

The people that passed by them laughed when they heard these words.

Father Ruan looked embarrassed. "It's when you become a dad. You can't become a mom."

Why did they have to talk about this issue with a child? Wasn't it better to talk about ice cream and junk food?

Little Wang lowered his head and poked at his tummy that was protruding from eating too many snacks. He raised his head and looked at his grandparents. "Do you guys feel sad that mom no longer likes you the most?"

Without waiting for his grandparents to answer, he rambled on to himself, "When I become a dad or mom, I'll still like my parents the most."