~27~

^Play the beautiful song above.

"You are not the man you used to be. You are stronger and wiser and freer than you ever used to be. And now you have come at the crossroads of the destiny. It's time for you to choose. It's time for you to choose good." -General Iroh, ATLA.

~~

Third Person POV

~~

He stood by the window watching the rain plummet down. The downpour hadn't ceased for the past six hours. The only sounds that could be heard were the harsh patter of raindrops and thunder. The earth seemed silent and grey like everything was mourning.

The raindrops racing down the window-pane reminded him of tears.

Her tears.

Tears of grief ran down her cheeks when he told her that her father was dead.

"You can either choose Sangue prima di tutto. Or you can choose me."

Her words repeated themselves in his head in an infinite loop. He was surprised that she'd taken this long to give him an ultimatum.

She had given him too many chances. She had tolerated his selfish actions without a word for so long.

An all too familiar feeling made his chest tighten. Guilt.

His whole life had been filled with regret for so long that he had learned to live with it but this was the first time he felt like he was suffocating in his own remorse.

His shoulders tensed when he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." He rasped.

He already knew who it was.

Warren's large frame stepped inside.

"Mi hai chiesto, Sebastian? (You asked for me, Sebastian?)" Warren questioned gruffly.

Sebastian's gaze remained trained on the window.

When he had hired Warren five years ago his Uncle and brother had questioned his decision. To them hiring someone with no relation to the Alfonsi family and no reliable background information was foolishness. But Sebastian had his reasons for hiring him. He knew something about Warren that no one else did.

Sebastian's lips curled up into a solemn smile.

He knew what he had to do in this moment. He could see it as clearly as he could see the raindrops on the window right now.

Even he himself couldn't have predicted that this is what it would come to in the end.

He finally turned to face Warren.

"We need to talk old friend."

~~

The blood pounded in his ears as Sebastian walked down the hallway. The guilt and anger consuming him threatened to eat him up alive.

He threw the doors of the study open and stormed inside. The storm brewing inside his head clouded all of his senses.

His uncle was seated behind the large mahogany desk. He didn't look too surprised to see him raging inside without knocking or at the look of fury on his face.

Sebastian stalked toward Lorenzo.

When he reached the desk he slammed his palms on the wooden surface so hard that the whole desk shoved backwards a few inches.