9. Who is this?

This chapter is dedicated to ChickenIzMeh , because he/she said they liked my book in the comments of my sister's book. So thank you! :3

~[]Tony's pov[]~

When I left my lab to make myself a coffee, I didn't expect to see my fiance carrying a limp child in his arms.

"So, he just fainted?" Stephen says to Pepper, who I now notice is following close behind.

"Yeah. He wasn't looking very good before that though." She replies.

"Friday, can I get a read on any abnormalities?"

"He seems to be suffering from serious malnutrition and sleep deprivition. He also has an infected wound located on his torso." My AI says through the speakers. I watch Pepper's face turns to deep concern as they walk to my personal med bay.

"Um, who is this?" I ask. They completely ignore me, and continue walking like I wasn't there.

"Can you get an IV?" Stephen says to Pepper, so she runs ahead. I follow my fiance into the med bay, as he puts the kid down on the medical bed in a sitting position. He grabs the hem of the boy's shirt and lifts it ovet his head.

I feel my face pale as I look at his chest. There's bloody bandages wrapped around his abdomen that stephen was taking off, and underneath was a horrible looking wound. It was sickeningly yellow at the ends of the flesh, and everywhere surrounding it was slightly red.

At first it looked like it was open, because the two sides of the wound weren't attached. But he actually had another layer of skin growing underneath, as if his body knew the infected flesh wouldn't heal. I just stood there while my fiance cleaned off the dried blood. Using my knowledge from my three doctorates, I could tell that the wound was pretty bad.

Even still, what scared me the most was was his scars. This child, who looked like he was in sixth grade, had more scars than I could count. In fact, he had more than any of the avengers have, from what I've seen. The sheer size of some of them absolutely appalled me. No human would be able to survive something like that.

A few of the larger ones looked like they were done surgically, but I've never heard of anything legal that needs that big of an opening. When I looked closer, I could see smaller scars that looked like dots on either side of quite a few of his healed wound collection, signs of stitching. But it definitely wasn't done by a professional. In fact, it looked similar to what's left of some of my wounds I stitched myself.

Stephen shot me a worried glance, probably thinking the same things I was. He layed the kid down on his back, and opened one of the cabinets, grabbing a medicationsimilar to an antibiotic that he saw fit for the infection.

"Tony, can you hook him up to the IV?" He says, putting the medication in the bag.

"Uh yeah, sure." I grab the needle at the end of the tube and slide in into his wrist, giving the contents of the IV bag access to his blood stream, while stephen was cleaning up the wound with disinfectant. Once we were done, we backed of and looked at the unconscious kid.

"ok, will someone tell me who he is now?" I finally ask. Pepper, who was standing in the corner watching the whole thing, speaks up. She explains how he got an internship here, and how she was hearing good things about one of the interns, so she went to check him out and possibly give him a paying job.

"Friday, can you bring up everything you know on Peter Parker?" I say. Barely a second later, a few hologhraphic screens pop up around the room with information.

"Straight A's at midtown high, Lives with his aunt in an apartment, no medical record, and seems like an overall nice kid. How the hell would he get... These." I say, gesturing to his chest.

"Can you bring up what he does in his free time? Or any important incidents of some sorts? Check satallites, traffic cams, phone videos, anything." A few pictures and videos pop up of him walking down crosswalks, shopping, even making his way here to SI, but nothing out of the ordinary. I let out a frustrated sigh, and went back to looking at everything I actually have on him.

"He got into midtown through a scolarship, parents died in a plane crash, uncle was shot in front of him. Can you bring up wat happened when his uncle died?"

"That would be hacking into the police database, I'll need your permission for that."

"Permission granted." A few witness reports came up, and two videos from the traffic camras. One of them was a guy running out of a store, Peter walking out a few seconds behind him, and it ended there.

"Wait, zoom in on the guy's hand." As the video gets larger, my AI's system tried to improve the quality, but it could only do so much. I could just make out him holding a wad of bills, probably stolen. It would explain why he was running.

The other one was from across the street, where the guy continued to run into people, and eventually tripped, dropping a gun. A man in front of him tried to grab the gun, but they both got their hands on it at the same time. They struggled for a few seconds, and then the man with the money ran away, as the second man, who I'm assuming was Peter's uncle, fell to the ground, clutching his stomach.

There wasn't any audio, but from the blood spreading through his shirt I'm assuming he was shot. A few more seconds later, Peter comes into view. He drops to his knees, and tries to stop the bleeding. When he notices he was already gone, I can see his body shake with sobs. I didn't even know the kid but I felt a pang of sympathy shoot through me.

"What about his parents?"

"The police records say they died in a plane crash, cause unknown. The bodies were too ruined to make out any signs of damage before the crash." I put my hand on my chin, and continue to look at their files. Mary and Richard Parker were wold renown scientists, and when they died, they brought ther research with them.I looked back over to the sleeping boy, who now had a pained look on his face, and was tossine and turning a bit.

"Tony, if he keeps moving the wound is going to open, and the IV will fall out." Stephen says.

"Well could I do about that?" I snap, regretting it immediately. Thankfully, he doesn't seem bothered by it.

"Can you strap him down or something? I know, I don't like it either, but he could get worse if we don't." He says. I sigh, and grab the leather straps that were hanging loosely, attatched to the side of the bed. Even after his wrists were detained, he continued to struggle. His breathing was ragged, and he ws muttering under his breath.

"Stop. please, stop. please." He said, starting to speak louder.

"Stop! Agh!" His muttering turned to pleas and screams of pain. He was either having a really bad nightmare, or re-living a memory. As he cried and screamed, I watched, wondering what the hell this kid has been through.

1262 words.