Chapter 21

Zaria's POV

I groaned as I looked through my wardrobe, getting frustrated that I couldn't get something suitable to wear and that's saying a lot because my wardrobes were stocked with fancy and beautiful outfits.

My bed and floor were littered with so many cloths, my entire room looked so disorganized and I almost gauged my eyes out. I need something nice enough to wear to Joel's house for decathlon drilling. I looked through the wardrobe again and sighed in frustration.

Babe, calm down. It's just a study session. I kept telling myself that, but it wasn't working.

Of course it won't work. I'm nervous as hell. Who wouldn't be. I am going to the house of the guy I really like. I have got to dress nicely.

Yeah, I know I just admitted I like the guy I used to hate. How cliché is that? Though, if someone had told me I was going to fall for my competition early last term, I would have beaten the living day light out of the person but here I am now, hopelessly falling for Joel Oluwadamilare Bamidele. But, does he even like me back?

See how you are asking yourself stupid question. Of course he does, he implied it.

There was a knock on my door, interrupting my thoughts. It wasn't Sam. He had gone out this morning for his classes leaving Aisha and I alone at home which means it would either Aisha or one of the maids that are knocking.

"The door is unlocked." I called out. Just as I predicted, Aisha walked in.

I have always told her to give up law and go into modelling. Right now she was rocking a pair of tank tops and jeans shorts that showed off her flawless fair skin and curves without even trying at all, her long hair in a loose bun. If you are calling me beautiful, what will you call my elder sister?

"What the hell happened in here?!" Aisha shriek shot through my ear and I felt my ear drum starting to bleed.

"Well for one, you just ruined my eardrum." I replied her sarcastically. She rolled her eyes at me.

"Shut up jhor and answer me. Why are your cloths scattered." She asked, looking around again.

"I can't just get the right dress to wear." I pouted. She raised her eyebrows.

"Zaria, it's a study session. You don't have to look like you are going for a prom." She replied with sass. "By the way, who is your study partner?" She asked.

"Joel...." I said looking away, a shy smiled tugged the corner of my lips. Aisha's eyes widened in realization and a goofy smiled spread across her naturally pink lips.

"No wonder!! I should have known. You don't always take this much time in picking the cloths you wear." Aisha laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"Are you going to help me or not." I feigned a frown.

"Fine. Let me see your cloths." She went to my wardrobe and looked through while I sat down. Soon, she brought out a deep grey top with the inscription MINE in front,  written with diamond studs and black jeans pants.

"How come I didn't see that before?" I looked at the outfit.

"Well, that's why you have me." She winked. "Oya, put it on. After, I will give you a simple make over while you tell me about this Joel." She grinned I rolled my eyes but smiled all the same.

As soon as I was done wearing the cloth, I sat down in front of my mirror as Aisha stood in front of me. She started to give me a mild makeover as we talked about Joel. I told her about the chemistry practical and what happened in class when I blamed him for the C I got. Aisha almost laughed her head off.