Feldspar

GuYS GUYS GUYS GUESS WHO GOT FANART!!

Yep, I did!!

It's GORGEOUS and glorious and is now my home screen.

Much thanks to the artist, xXRenkoYukiXx!! You should totally check out their other stuff!!

Enjoy the chapter!!

▪▪▪

The next day was a Saturday.

Sakura opened her eyes and knew something was wrong. She sat up in bed, still in her ninja clothes, and looked out the window.

A squad of ANBU flashed by the next second. This was odd for a multitude of reasons, but Sakura didn't really want to think about it quite yet.

Oh, Kami... If she was still in her training wear, it meant that she was still gross from training!

She slid out from under the covers and paused only once to grab some clothes before hopping in the shower.

Breakfast was uneventful. Sakura's Kaa-san made waffles, and Sakura scarfed down more than it would seem possible with her small size. After finishing her eighth, a monstrous thing covered in strawberries and whipped cream, she helped clean up, kissed her Kaa-san on the cheek, and was off.

Sakura checked her wallet. She had been making money off all those D-rank missions, granted, not a lot, but she hadn't spent any of it. There was a neat wad of bills in there, enough for what she had planned for today.

Ino's house was a path so familiar that she could have made it with her eyes closed. Walking up the side of the house was simple. She rapped gently on the window, and a second later Ino opened it.

The Yamanaka had clearly been startled in the middle of her beauty routine. A small streak of lip gloss marked the side of her chin, but when she saw Sakura her face lit up.

"What is up my dear?" Ino asked in a jesting tone.

Sakura slid into her room. "I'm considering a change in wardrobe, and I thought that the most fashionable person I know would be interested in helping."

Ino pretended to consider. "All right then. If you're going to twist my arm about it..."

"Chiyos?" The rosette asked.

"Chiyos," the blonde affirmed. "Just let me finish putting on my gosh dang makeup."

Sakura laughed.

▪▪▪

"I don't know," Sakura gave Ino a spin. "This isn't really what I had in mind."

"Yeah, it's not really your style," Ino agreed.