EPISODE 37

30/11/2019 - Saturday - At Chennai.

Aparna's P. O. V:

I rechecked my packed bags and closed the room door silently as my room mate was still in her deep sleep.

I wrote my out time in the PG entry notebook and dragged my bag outside the PG.

Hari and Shwetha told me that they would be here by 6 in the morning, but they started an hour late.

As I walked to the bus stop, A black car came into my view. Shwetha was waving at me from the front seat.

They parked the car near me and helped me place my bag in the trunk. I sat on the backseat and I was already worried about who would sit beside me.

Hari then drove to Shiva's street, I took a sharp breath looking at the familiar houses. Shiva waved to us and Hari drove to him.

Shiva placed his bag with ours and sat in the backseat beside me.

" So, told your parents? " Hari asked Shiva after we came out of the area.

" Yeah, yeah. I felt like a school child begging parents for the school trip. I don't know when I will be treated my age. " Shiva said laughing.

I laughed at his words.

He made sure to not look at me at all. I was supposed to feel relieved at that, but I wasn't.

Hari started playing his crap playlist and I shut out the music with my muffler.

" Aparna, you have to bear it for the next six hours! " Hari said laughing.

" Play all you want until my ears start bleeding! " I said and closed my eyes again.

We had crossed all the traffic and finally reached the highways. It was not sunny, but the climate was very pleasant. I felt relaxed and calm after a very long time.

Shiva's phone rang and he got busy talking. I made sure to keep up the act that I was sleeping and was trying to eavesdrop on his call.

" You are mad! " He said in a loud tone.

My mind was running a list of people that he could call mad.

Only one name popped up, Anjali.

" I am not going on some family trip to invite you along with me! , you are not even married to me yet! Do I look like a joke to you?" He said. And I smiled inwards as my guess was right.

" No! If you want to go somewhere, just go with your friends! Do you get me?, fine, whatever, bye! " He said and placed his phone back on his pocket.

" Why are you so rude to Anjali? " Hari asked Shiva.

" Rude? She wants to come along! Is this some family trip or what? " Shiva asked.

" Excuse me! " Shwetha asked from her front seat.

" I didn't mean you sister! " Shiva laughed off awkwardly.

" I am hungry, can we stop for breakfast? " Shwetha asked.

" Okay, sure. I know a good one along this road, might reach there in ten minutes! " Hari said.

I was pretending to sleep all the way. The car finally stopped.

" I will check if they have table for us, Shwetha you coming? " Hari said.

" Yeah , Shiva ,Please wake her up! " Shwetha said and walked out with Hari.

I heard the door shutting.

" You should be given an oscar award! " Shiva said to me. I was confused about his words.