29°

Welcome back ooo ❤️❤️❤️❤️
We hit 8k reads today!!!!!

Thankyou guys for nominating me for the Nigerian Readers choice awards!!! Love you loadsssss. If you didn't, its not to late. Just check out the last chapter or my message board and see what to do😋😋❤️           

This chapter is dedicated to SHANOVA!!!(Shade and Nova) so if you don't fancy our power couple, (which I wouldn't understand why shaaaa) you can skip😂❤️

                                          ~SHADE~

Nova and I spent approximately two hours- the whole entire time for Saturday Lessons- talking and laughing in Maliwu icecream spot.

Initially, it felt a bit odd being outside alone - without the limo or the guards or Madam K. It was a good kind of odd, if I may say. If that makes sense.

For the first time, I stepped out of the gate of Castron High by myself. Well, with Nova by me, occasionally laughing at my reactions and telling me over and over to just relax.

It was 4:02pm by the time we got out and the roads were so busy.

We stood on the scanty pedestrian walk by the school. Of course, it was scanty. People wouldn't just be standing on the pedestrian walk that led to the gates of Castron High for no absolute reason. But, by the opposite side of the road, amidst all the cars passing by with dangerous speed in between, I could see a good number of people around there.

I couldn't even take my time to focus on them, because on the road in front of us, cars kept passing, one after the other, with speed, most of them blaring their horns noisily.

I winced a little in discomfort of all the palava infront of us, and put my hands to my ears to try to muffle the horns.

"They're so many cars," I informed Nova on top of my voice.

"Well, that's Lagos Street for you," he enlightened me, rather calmly.

He didn't even look too bothered.

He was used to all of this?

Really?

Ofcourse, I knew the streets were busy here. But observing the streets of Lagos from a tinted limo glass window isnt the same as being on it.

The newness of the whole thing didn't even make me realise that_

"Those people by the other side are staring at you, Shade." Nova said, reading my thoughts before they could even play out in my head.

That's when I looked to the opposite side of the pedestrian walk and really focused on it. The people there ranged from old to young to middle-aged. Some were boarding cabs and taxis nearby, others were running or brisking to cross the busy road and some, just hung around - maybe waiting for the best time to cross? I couldn't tell.

Amongst the people who hung around there for a reason that was unclear to me, I saw a group of girls who looked in their late teens or early twentys', having on tank tops and some funny looking jeans. ALL of them stealing looks at me and having on confused faces as they discussed with each other. Seemed to me like I was their topic of discussion, anyway.

"Why are they acting like they'd never seen a celebrity before?" Nova laughed, referring to the girls.

I didn't laugh.

I instantly got reminded how news could spread in this country. If those girls started taking pictures, I would be doomed because Madam K would find out I did this.