Day 5: Towels & Toddlers

D a w n :

 ~RING RING RING~

No.

No, no, no, no, no.

~RING RING RING~

"Lane..." I groaned, kicking him in the leg.

~RING RI-~

I heard Lane grumbling and then I felt the bed croak beside me before I saw Lane shuffling into the bathroom from my peripheral.

I looked down at my watch to see that it was 7 a.m. and I whimpered, rolling back over in bed.

"Are you coming to work with me today?" He asked from the bathroom.

"I don't know." I said, "Am I?"

He emerged from the bathroom in a SpongeBob towel that was being held around him by one hand. Most of his body was on display, but I was too tired to react or care.

"You should." He said, "It'll be good for family bonding."

"Family bonding?" I yawned.

"Yeah, maybe when Emily grows up, he'll take over the family business."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, just hurry up them, I need to get ready as well."

"I'm taking a shower, but feel free to join me if you want."

"Oh, is SpongeBob gonna be there too?" I teased.

He chuckled. "Hey, if you're into that, I don't judge."

I reached over and grabbed his pillow, hurling it at him.

"Hey! Fine, no SpongeBob."

"Because that was the issue."

"That's what married couples do, isn't it?" He tossed the pillow back to me. "And it's day five, which means naked stuff."

I threw the pillow back at him, laughing. "No, no naked stuff."

He caught the pillow then pouted. "Aw, and you got me all excited for nothing."

"Please," I said, "I'm a delight on my own, you know you enjoy my company."

He tossed the pillow back to me. "That is true. But hey, you say that now, but you'll come running."

"We'll see about that."

He smiled, "I guess we will."

I motioned for him to leave. "Go, go shower." I said.

"Okay, but my offer still stands." He said.

I narrowed my eyes at him, chucking the pillow at him, hard this time.

"Okay, okay." He raised his hands up in surrender to show that I won.

And then his towel fell.

                           *     -     *     -     *

"Why are you wearing sunglasses?" I asked Lane as we walked into Warner's. "It's not even that sunny."

"Oh poor child, you know nothing." He said.

"Please enlighten me then."

"These aren't for the sun." He said, "I'm CEO now, I can't be seen with the commonfolk."