↻20

How long do I have to wait?
And how many sleepless nights do I have to spend
To see you, to meet you

How long do I have to wait?And how many sleepless nights do I have to spendTo see you, to meet you

Seowoo was seated in the living room, waiting for Jaemin as he offered to take her home.

Unknown to her presence, the boy with freshly washed hair entered the room- stoic faced.

"Are you always so moody?"

Upon hearing her voice, Chenle halted in the middle of the room- turning around so his eyes could significantly narrow at the girl who curiously gazed up at him.

His harsh gaze trailed over her in distaste before reattaching to her own eyes.
"Are you always so annoying?"

Seowoo let out a airy chuckle, elbow on the arm rest as she leaned the side of her head into her palm.
"Not all the time."
"Yeah, I disagree." Chenle muttered dryly, turning back around to walk towards the kitchen.

Seowoo's eyes followed him as he fluidly grabbed the glass from the shelf and began to fill it up with water.

"How did you join?"
There was a pause after her words as he closed the tap yet just stood there.
"You ask too many questions."

"I'm just bored..." She trailed off as Chenle began to drink his water, head thrown back as his adams apple bobbed.

His expression was indifferent- unchanging as he placed the glass down harshly- eyes boring into hers.

"I don't care."

Seowoo raised her brows, pursing her lips into a thin line as she felt an awkward silence consume on her end but to Chenle- he brushed everything off and began to walk towards the door.

"Uh," she began, fiddling with the hem of Heejin's shirt as she spoke up, swallowing away the hesitance. "Chenle?"

The boy now halted at the door, sighing harshly and loud enough for Seowoo to hear as he closed his eyes in irritation.

"What?" He spat out.
"I just wanted to say thank you...for helping me at the store." Seowoo was watching him, awaiting his response yet she was met by silence.

"Whatever, just stop trying so hard- it's annoying having to finish the job for you." He spoke, turning around to glance at her with immense apathy.

The girl was unsure of what to say, the glimmering feeling of guilt simmering down on her as he scoffed.

"People like you don't have a place here." He concluded coldly, exiting the room and leaving the girl in the room with his words hanging in the air.

"So, you're not even a part of NCT but you still managed to get stabbed." Haewon spoke as she assisted Seowoo to her bed.

The girl groaned.
"Please don't, I already feel shit about what happened."
"Why? You literally saved lives you dumbass."

Seowoo shrugged, placing a gentle hand on her tender abdomen.
"I can't believe I got stabbed." She uttered out as if it had only registered in her mind.

"Yeah, so don't move." Haewon looked at Seowoo before sliding into the seat at the desk. "But what did they say?"

Seowoo sighed, shifting uncomfortably on her back as pain shot up her body.
"They said Taeyong would contact me? I don't know, maybe to see my intentions."

"Really? That's good-"

"Ahn Seowoo!" A voice screamed out as the door flung open and Haewon yelped- falling off the chair as Seowoo winced.

The furious woman strode over.
"What the hell? You got stabbed!" Her mother yelled out in absolute shock as she began to fret over the girl.

"I'm fine Mum." She whined and the woman gasped, narrowing her eyes.
"What do you mean fine? I can't believe this happened- how dare they do this? This is outrageous! I'm sueing whoever dared to do this-"

Her voice trailed off as she stomped out of the room, determined to actually sue the said men.

"Well, she's getting nowhere with that." Seowoo commented, letting her head fall back and Haewon hummed in agreement.

"I was wondering though..."
"Yeah?" Seowoo asked, glancing at Haewon who was clearly hesitating on speaking her kind.

"Just- do you think it's a good time to look into Jeongmin's case? I mean it hasn't been long and I worry about you-"

"I'm fine Hae, don't worry about me- plus the sooner I find out the sooner I can get all the answers and let him rest in peace."

Haewon sighed, shoulders slumping as she gazed at her friend with sympathetic eyes.
"I just think it might be better if you allow yourself to fully grieve and-"

Seowoo sat up in her bed, clutching her abdomen as a wave of pain hit her but she shook it off.

"I've grieved, I've cried and now I can't cry anymore and I'm fine. What more should I do? He's gone, he's never going to come back and I should just accept that."

"Seowoo..."
"I just want to at least do one useful thing for him- he didn't deserve to die."