63

The weather was windy and the leaves flew around in rustling clusters.

"It might rain." People said as they hurried back to their houses and around shops.

People hurriedly bustled around Konoha under a peaceful facade. At a glance the town seemed quiet, but it was just the wind that drowned out the harsh whispers and arguments of the citizens.

Sasuke walked faster behind Tsunade. "What are you going to tell them?" He asked her, his voice stubborn.

Tsunade walked down the flight of stairs and down the Hokage tower.
"They said they wanted to meet and that's what I'm going to do. "

Sasuke ran a hand through his hair, "But what are you going to tell them??"

Tsunade clicked her tongue in annoyance, "Sasuke Uchiha are you my superior?" She said angrily as she hugged her jacket closer around her. "Its's quite windy today." she thought.

Sasuke pursed his lips and followed her. Bit he couldn't stop himself and he blurted put yet again, "They're just going to blame you and ask you to shut down the search-"

"For fuck's sake! I know, I know, I know! Stop telling me what to do brat." She turned and goared at the Uchiha angrily.
Normally people would back off after being spoken to in such a harsh tone by the Hokage, but Sasuke was used to it now. So he glared right back.

"Lady Hokage," Shikamaru greeted her, in a slightly lazy manner.

"Hm?" Tsunade turned to him as he held out a piece of paper.

"These are just a few questions and arguments they might make and how you can...you know, retort back." Shikamaru said and rolled his eyes.

He had to go with Tsunade as well and it was honestly such a pain in the ass. He would have declined it but his dad said that it would be good experience for him and so Shikamaru was stuck with being Lady Tsunade's assistant for the weekend.
What a drag...

Meanwhile Sasuke got to be the leader one of the squads responsible for keeping an eye out for the Akatsuki.
There were chances of Akatsuki attacks especially when the Hokage wasn't available. It had never happened before and it was highly unlikely, but they refused to take it lightly.

Heavy guards were always patrolling the outskirts and borders of Konoha, and all the genins and chunins were always on the lookout.

Shikamaru rubbed the back of his neck and muttered to himself about how all he wanted was just 8 hrs of sleep.

And why couldn't Lady Tsunade just ask her assistant anyway? Or maybe even someone older than him or with more skills?

"The Kazekage is of your age. If we are not able to properly communicate, I'm counting on you." Lady Tsunade suddenly spoke, and Shikamaru froze.

He didn't realise that he accidentally spoke it and Tsunade's Sannin ears caught it.

He wondered whether he should apologise or not, but Tsunade didn't seem to care as she walked away.
With a sigh, Shikamaru followed.

Sasuke watched them go. Their silhouettes receding slowly. He let out an angry huff and turned on his heels.
He passed the villagers who were rushing about, "Looks like it's gona rain huh." They said to each other.

Sasuke looked up at the darkening sky, agreeing.

He passed by Ichiraku Ramen, and didn't notice the men in dark robes.

Inside the small shop, three men sat, their faces hidden with bamboo straw hats as they ate the ramen.

"This has to be the best ramen I've ever had." The youngest one spoke, causing Teuchi to laugh slightly. He turned around and poured him some more noodles, "Take some more ahahah, anyway we are going to close soon. It looks like it's going to rain today."