Chapter Forty-Three | Arrogant Bastard-Alpha

"Get the f—k out! Go!"

"Ugh," I groaned, rolling my face into Matteo's pillow and using the sides of it to cover my ears.

"Now!"

If these stupid kids don't shut the hell up, I'll personally make sure they never have the vocal chords to speak again, I thought. They didn't play their video games often, but when they did, I always heard it. Matteo was pretty good at drowning them out, but it was practically impossible with the door open.

"Kaia!" Well, that caught my attention. I could make out the sound of footsteps makings their way to me. Whoever it was, didn't care enough to call me Luna which was odd around here. Before I could even roll myself back over, two hands grabbed me, forcing me to turn around.

I screamed as I stared into Dani's crazy-looking eyes. A year ago, screaming like a terrified school-girl would not have been my go-to response. I was a bit disappointed in myself. If I had the time to sit and stare at myself in a mirror and wonder how I'd become so soft, I would have.

What am I kidding? I have a mate that caters to me like I'm his most precious possession. Of course, I've gone soft.

"Get up! Come on!" She snagged my hands and yanked my entire body out of the bed. I stumbled, my feet tangling in the sheets. I don't know how I didn't snap an ankle.

"What? No!"

She pulled me with every bit of power in her body, and I practically flew forward. My feet moved with very little grace behind her down the hall. Her tight grip around my wrist never loosened.

"F—k, Dan!" I snarled. She was, however, entirely unphased.

"This is bad. This is bad. This is so bad," she chanted quietly to herself. I tried asking, again, what was going on, but was cut off as she nearly laid out some poor kid. Her shoulder slammed straight into his chest. He was a big kid. "F—k! Get out!" I'd never really witnessed how vicious she was around anyone other than me. She might have been worse than some Alphas.

The poor pack members were running in and out of the hallways like chickens with their heads cut off. It was unlike anything I'd ever seen before, and I didn't know how I hadn't heard them doing it until now. Chaos had literally erupted while I was taking a nap. It didn't take a genius to know what was happening. I just didn't understand what the hell happened to suddenly project it to this point.

I was shoved quite violently into Matteo's office. The curtains were still drawn, so it was just as dark as it had been before. I turned around to face Daniella as she slammed the heavy door shut. The sound made me jump, and I would have bitched about it had we not been in a moment of such high intensity and total confusion.

"What—" I started to say, Daniella interrupted me before I even had the chance.

"He f—ked up. Said they figured out the plan before they were even five miles in," she rambled. The crazy look in her eyes somehow managed to get worse. My heart rate sped up in response to her words. He f--ked up.

"Matteo?" I asked, taking a step forward. Daniella's hands were tugging at the roots of her blonde hair, and I was surprised she wasn't ripping it out in chunks. "He called? He's okay?"

"I don't know! He called, didn't answer a single one of my questions, and told me to bring you here."

"Here? His office?" I repeated, pointing down at the floor. Dani's hands flew up as she crossed the floor.

"Yeah, I didn't understand either." She drew the blinds away from one another, peeking outside.

"Well, where do you think I should be?"