Chapter 24

Joel's POV

"Do you have cleavers?" She asked.

" Yeah. They are up in that cabinet." I pointed, looking at the pot of rice that was still cooking on the gas cooker. I saw that it was done so I put off the burner.

I looked back at Zaria and my eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. She was trying to stretch to get the cleaver and that made the jersey she was wearing move up, exposing her beautiful, long and flawless thighs. I sucked in a breath as she still struggled to get the cleaver, the dress moving farther up her thighs. It was like she wasn't even aware of what she was doing.

Holy God! What is this girl doing to me?

I walked behind her slowly and leaned closer to her. She sensed my presence and stopped trying to get the cleaver. I reached up and took the cleaver, not leaving my position. She turned around.

"Here you go." I breathed out huskily.

I realized that she wasn't paying attention to the cleaver, so I placed it on the counter
She seemed so interested in my chest so I followed her gaze and saw that she was looking a scar on my left breast.

"What happened here?" She asked, her voice in a whisper. I chuckled.

"I was in the third grade when I got that. A glass pierced my skin. It has healed but the scar hasn't gone." I replied. I saw something flash in her eyes when she looked at me. Then she looked at me.

Zaria looked at me for a moment before stretching her hand towards my chest, as if to touch it. I watched her silently, not trusting myself to speak. She stretched her right hand and placed it on my breast.

I sucked in a breath at the contact, her touch doing things to my body. I closed my eyes and savored the feeling of her finger's tracing my skin. She tried to remove her hand but I was quick to press it back against my chest.

"Your heart is racing." She whispered, looking at me with those beautiful brown orbs.

"Then, you have no idea what you do to me, Zaria." I replied, my voice raspy and deeper. She smiled.

My left hand found it's way to her cheek and my thumb gave it gentle strokes, my eyes trained on hers. I moved closer to her, closing the distance between us and trailed my finger to her chin and tilted it so she could look at me.

She looked so nervous, moving back till her back was trapped against the counter. She pressed her second hand to my chest as if to pull back and I gave her a questioning look.

"Joel... We can't..." She trailed off.

"Why not?" I asked, moving closer to her, my hand not moving from its position on her face.

"Ada..." She trailed off again and I almost rolled my eyes.

"I don't care about her. It's you I care about." I told her and she looked at me. I saw a glint in her eyes. She wanted this just as much as I did. She liked me just as much as I liked her.

The thought alone excited me.

I leaned in, tilting my head towards hers, not taking my eyes off hers. My hands went to cup her face as I gently drew her closer to me. I could see the uncertainty in her eyes and that alone made me nervous. But I really wanted to kiss her.

"May I?" I muttered, my nose brushing again hers and I felt her shiver beneath my hand. She looked at me before nodding slowly. I breathed out, leaning in completely, watching her eyes flutter close before pressing my lips against hers.

Wow.

I am not a fan of cliché but immediately my lips pressed against hers, my insides melted and my tummy erupted with fireworks. I slowly moved mine against hers, silently urging her to kiss me back and she did. She began to move her soft lips against mine.