Family Kinda Sucks, Part 2

I didn't plan on a part 2 but you guys requested it so here it is! I hope it's okay!

Peter sat in his room after getting teased and made to feel humiliated for not taking out the trash. He tried to read the science textbook in front of him but he caught himself reading the same paragraph over and over without comprehending any of it.

This is pointless. It's Friday, I don't need to worry about school right now. I'm just going to go on patrol for awhile.

He suited up and took off from his window, swinging through the cool evening air. The night was uneventful for a while but just as he was about to go home, he saw a homeless child being beaten by a homeless adult for food.

He swung into action, knocking the adult out of consciousness and waiting with the kid until the cops showed up. The cops took awhile though because it 'wasn't an emergency' so Peter chatted with the child for nearly 45 minutes.

When he finally got home, he went inside through the front door. He got off the elevator and saw everyone in the living room watching a movie.

"Look who's finally back, just an hour past his curfew." Tony started in, the movie pausing and everyone looking at him.

"What even is there for you to do this late? Not like there's anything big for Spider-Man to do." Sam joked.

"He's just lallygagging, swinging through the air and shooting webs." Clint added with a chuckle.

That was it. He couldn't take anymore of the comments. Peter broke.

"Shut up!" He yelled, silencing the room. "I know you guys think it's funny and you're joking but it hurts! Maybe I'm too sensitive but I feel like I'm drowning trying to pretend that what you guys say and all the times you ignore me doesn't bother me. I know you think I'm a stupid, useless kid, but I think so too and I don't need you guys to remind me all the time! You're the people I love most but you're making me hate myself! Just please stop."

By the time he was through, Peter was sobbing. Natasha was by his side in an instant, Tony immediately following.

"Why didn't you speak up sooner, sweetheart? We never meant to hurt you or make you feel stupid or useless." Natasha spoke gently, placing a hand on his cheek and wiping away the falling tears.

"Yeah kiddo, nothing we said or did was meant to be taken seriously. But that doesn't make it okay or justify it. We love you a lot, kid, we're sorry. I'm sorry. Please don't hate yourself, you're the best kid in the world." Tony said, pulling Peter into his arms and letting the boy cry into his shoulder. He moved to sit on the couch with Pete on top of him, still crying lightly against him.

"Buddy, we are really, really sorry." Clint told him as guilt racked his body.

"We are. I just hope you can forgive us." Sam added.

Peter sniffled and pulled away from his dad, moving to sit beside him instead of on him. "I forgive you, just please, stop doing it."

"It won't happen anymore." Steve promised, everybody agreeing as they realized that Peter was still a child, just 15 years old. They had been treating him as an adult like the rest of them, forgetting that he wasn't.

"And if by chance it does, if a 'joke' hurts more than a joke should, please tell one of us. Don't let it all build up." Tony spoke, kissing his son's temple and running his fingers through his hair.

"Yeah, you tell me who talks shit and I'll make sure they're never able do it again." Bucky winked, making Peter and everyone else chuckle.

"You're not stupid or useless. We love you, Pete and we couldn't get by without you." Tony assured him.

This is better. This is so much better.