73

*・゚゚・*:

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

   There is a common misconception when it comes to family, and that is the idea that blood is thicker than water. Whatever water may be- a friend, a lover, or even an arbitrary acquaintance on the street, family is more important. But what happens when those friends, that soulmate, and that new acquaintance are your family? I'd know best after all. My only blood relatives are either dead or a bunch of rich assholes, so at this point in my life, I'd choose water over blood any day.

   "I just want to say how proud I am of all of us for finally agreeing on a group costume idea even if Harry blatantly disregarded it and dressed like a fucking Stormtrooper instead," I drawl with a roll of my eyes and a shake of my head as the car slows to a stop at a red-light, only a few minutes away from a massive Halloween party we're all going to. Caroline, our Snow White, sits in the passenger seat while our Megara, Kendall, drives. A pink clad Gigi and a blue clad Taylor are dressed as our Aurora and Cinderella, taking up space in the two middle seats, leaving Harry in the back middle with his friend Kacey Musgraves who is dressed as Ariel on his left, while I sit on his right, staring at the two.

   I'm dressed as the only princess that makes sense... Belle of course. I'd be pretty daft if I didn't seize this opportunity.

   "Yeah, what's up with that, Harold? I thought we had a deal?" Caroline asks, only pretending to be offended as she turns to look back at Harry and rests her elbow on the center console between herself and Kendall. "Even Kacey followed through!"

   The new addition to our group shrugs and gives Harry a side eye, red hair from her wig falling over her shoulder. When she begins nudging him, I shoot her cheeky self a smile as she does everything she can to piss him off. I think we're going to get along rather well.

   "Please, Styles. Do tell us why you're such a fuckin' flake," Kacey prods, poking Harry incessantly in the shoulder until he leans so far from her that he's practically on top of me, waving the singer away with his ringed hand and an aggravated facial expression.

   "Listen," his deep accent drawls, hand held up and eyes blinking slowly as we all listen intently for his endearing excuse that I'm sure Kendall, Caroline, Taylor, Gigi, Kacey, and I won't care to understand, too pissed that he bailed on our group idea in the first place. However, none of our hatred can last too long when it comes to Harry and how excited he looked when he showed up in his Stormtrooper gear that he stole from the Star Wars set he somehow finagled himself a free pass onto, resulting in a small cameo that he's positive no one will ever be able to find.

   "I've just turned down a role at Disney, and-" Harry continues only to get interrupted by Kendall, who's dark eyes I see widen sarcastically in the rearview mirror.

   "Woah, Mr. Bigshot!" She guffaws, feigning a state of awe. "Disney? How humble of you to remind us all after weeks of seeing your name on my timeline for that stupid mermaid movie."