Chapter Twenty

Lunar's POV

Sitting with the group, I watched them all sort through the candy. My Beloved Elysium, we got so much it was ridiculous. I watched as Parker tried to pick up one of the DumDums, muttering innocently, "Pick up my damn DumDum and I'll stab you with Mathis' spoon."

Parker looked at me confused, then over to Jax as he chuckled with a shake of his head, a warning tone to back off, "All lollipops go to Lunar."

"I-I can't even have one?"

"If you try and take one, I'm not saving you," Jax laughed, raising his hands, knowing damnwell to stay out of this, "You don't want to fuck with him and suckers, trust me."

Parker grumbled, watching as Mathis handed me her empty lemon yogurt cup. Standing up, I took it to the trash, bringing the spoon over to the sink. I watched from the corner of my eye as Parker tried to sneak the DumDum into his pocket, "You've got two-point-five seconds to put the DumDum back into the fucking pile, or this spoon lands near your lollipop."

"I am not giving you the DumDum, it's mine!" He retorted, daring me with a growl, "I'm not scared of you, You Fucking Twig."

"'Twig?' Really? I may be a twig but that doesn't mean I can't do this...," I cocked my eyebrow at him. Chucking the spoon, I watched the tip of it land into the wooden floor millimeters from Parker's crotch, walking over as he froze stiff in his spot, looking at the spoon, "Now, are we going to continue having an issue, or have we learned our lesson on the motherfucking DumDums?"

"D-DumDums belong to Lunar," He croaked, dropping the lollipop back into the pile and flinching as I reached down and picked up the spoon, looking over to an amused, yet slightly uncomfortable, Mr. Lincoln and Mr. Hayes. They seemed intrigued but the slight shift of movement gave away they learned the same lesson.

I whacked the spoon on top of Parker's head, taking satisfaction at his panicked response of holding his head, "Good, next time I won't 'miss.'"

"H-How in the fuck do you know how to throw a fucking spoon that way?" He yelped, "You, of all people, should not know how to do such a thing!"

Tossing the spoon into the sink, I washed my hands with a shrug, "Same way I know how to castrate you and give you surgery while you're wide awake; Jax."

Turning as I dried my hands, Parker spat at him, horrified, "Why the fuck would you teach him such things?"

"I'd say to scare you, but that really wasn't my intention," Jax smirked, casually waving his fear off, and putting a gumdrop into his mouth, "I taught him that stuff in case Anthien and you tried to gang up on him way back when you and Anthien were best friends and harassing his ass."

"Good it did me with just Anthien," I muttered quietly, tossing the paper towels into the trash before coming over and sitting back down, but this time in Mr. Lincoln's lap. I was annoyed with myself. Jax and I had spent months working on such an act of self-defense, wasted time. I was angrier about it because I wasted his time.

"PTSD is a bitch," He replied, a comforting tone because he could tell what I was thinking, "Not your fault, I'd still teach you again if I was given the opportunity."

I opened my mouth to argue, choking at the DumDum Mathis shoved into my mouth, "Don't argue. We still have candy to sort and quit coughing, we all know you've fit much bigger than a damn lollipop into your mouth."

My face burned hotter than a pit of magma, as I heard Mr. Lincoln and Mr. Hayes chuckle, the vibration of Mr. Lincoln's laugh reminding me where I was sitting, "I-I would say how you know such a thing, b-but I know that's a dumb question."