Chapter 48 |(4)The flashback continues|

I've seen the reads go high yet the votes remain the same. It's definitely very discouraging and disappointing to the writer. Please take a second out and vote! I'd be updating the next chapter after 200+ votes not before.

It had been a protracted and prosaic day for Arnav. He still had scruples about going to the wedding together with the others but then stuck to his decision about not going.

He was done with work early today and consequently decided to head home, thinking everyone must've left.

Walking inside his mansion he handed over his laptop bag to Hari Prakash and requested for a cup of coffee.

There was till now nobody in his sight.

"They must've left." He mumbled to himself, stepping towards his room.

And what he saw there made his heart stop.

She stood there, in all her beautiful glory, looking like a diamond. An effulgent, scintillating diamond. Something that represented her and her personality copiously.

For a moment everything went blank around him and she was the only radiant thing that could be seen. A gasp left his mouth as his eyes raked her beautifully saree wrapped form. He saw her turn around at his gasp and he felt breathless.

God definitely must've spent a long time perfecting her. He thought dreamily.

Hey! You don't believe in God! An inner voice of his said.

She was wearing, well, quite a saree. It was something he would've never imagined her in. The blouse was a bit more on the meagre side, and the saree itself was made of a silky net material, giving a good view of her toned milky torso. It hung low on her beautiful wide flare, hugging her curves elegantly. Her slender arms were bare. The deep neckline almost dangerously gave a view of her swells. Her neck was adorned with the Mangalsutra of his name, declaring her his. Her incredible hazel-green eyes stood out more because of the dark pigment she'd used on her lids. Her plump lips were painted in a subtle rose pink, making him loose his calm. And her back?

"Peechay ka kahan hai? Where's the back?" Out of all the other things, that was what he said after taking her whole appearance in, complimenting everything inwardly.

That's the first thing he says after seeing me like this? She thought unbelievably.

"It's backless!" She replied, innocently.

They both cringed and stared at each other before bursting out in a loud laughter. They resembled that famous scene from kabhi khushi kabhi gham and though Arnav hadn't seen a lot of bollywood movies, this one had definitely stuck with him, especially this scene.

"You've seen that movie?" She asked giggling.

"A very long time ago but I remember a scene along these lines." He smiled.

He saw her cheeks turn scarlet, making her look all the more appealing. He reconsidered his decision from before. Was he really ready to let her go alone with the family looking like this? Hell no! All the insecurities and guilt flew out the window in seconds and he was marching his way to the bathroom to appear more presentable for a wedding.

"I am leaving." She told him as she saw him walk towards the bathroom, a bit disheartened that he didn't even compliment her.

"Wait!" He sighed, "I'm coming with you guys!"

"But you weren't-"

"Not right now Khushi." He shut the bathroom door loudly.

She was confused by his sudden change of decision, but decided to not think too much about it.