viii. the plan to steal

CHAPTER EIGHT:
( the plan to steal )

CHAPTER EIGHT: ( the plan to steal )

*・゚

VENUS ADORES OCTOBER PURELY because of the students being allowed to head to Hogsmeade— thankfully, she has not been banned from attending despite being sent to detention more times than she can count. Then again, this has been in the old times when Hogwarts used to be her home and when she would hang out with her cousin and all her friends. Ever since sixth-year, many employees, workers, and customers have gone missing and as she walks with Lizette by her side, she sees that clearly. A fresh breeze of wind passes through them sending shivers down her spine because before leaving Lizette warned her to take something warm and, well, you know how Venus is! Instead of chattering and holding onto her arms to prove her best friend a point, Venus freely skipped onto the steps in front of her and twirls around.

Lizette stares at her amusingly while asking, "What are you doing?"

The curly-haired girl brightens up at the question. She stops her movements and dramatically bows down toward her auburn-haired friend, holding out her hand suggestively. Their eyes meet and Lizette smiles at how ridiculous Venus is acting at the moment. They are standing in the middle of High Street with Venus attracting attention from every side— most students know that the Gryffindor girl is an odd person, but they still watch in interest. Lizette notices the looks and blushes in embarrassment. "V, you're causing attention," she mumbles quietly, keeping her gaze onto the floor.

Venus raises an eyebrow before urging her to grab her hand as she asks, "Liz Lewis, will you do me the honor of dancing with me in the middle of the streets?"

"I-I don't think that's ideal," Lizette coughs, not liking the way people are staring at them. Venus does not waver her stare away from her and smiles warmly.

"Just one dance, and by then you'll forget they're even staring at you," Venus proclaims excitedly. Lizette seems hesitant before telling her, "But there isn't music playing."

Knowing her friend is just trying to make excuses because she thinks everyone will laugh at her, Venus points her wand from where she sees a radio and the music increases in volume scaring off some customers. Or else I'll tear up this town, the random song continues playing. Lizette stares at her with a sharp look before sighing and giving in.

Venus squeals excitedly before immediately twirling her friend around. Lizette laughs in surprise before she is brought close to Venus and the two girls hold on to each other, dancing around in the middle of High Street with curious eyes watching them in awe. Lose your blues, everybody cut footloose, right after whoever sings that part goes, Venus hears the sound of a guitar playing off and she copies its movements even without knowing how the beat actually goes. She closes her eyes in relaxation when the movements feel like she is finally breathing. The two girls jump around each other without a care of the world and their dancing only stops because Venus tumbles back.