Chapter 29

I will protect you

"Are we just going to just ignore what happened? Like what the fuck was that"! I jumped at Louis's loud booming voice

"Are we just going to just ignore what happened? Like what the fuck was that"! I jumped at Louis's loud booming voice. Milo saw this and slapped him harshly on the head. Vince's arms wrapped around me more tightly and I laid my head down on his chest. "Are you ok baby"? I nodded weakly. Maybe Vince is my hero. Maybe, Vince, is an angel sent down from John. Maybe dad sent me a new hero. "I'm ok". My voice was small and I sounded croaky. He smiled down at me and kissed my temple. He then pulled me on his lap and gently rubbed circles on my back. "Do you expect me to just sit here and pretend nothing just happened?! She was screaming bloody murder"! Enzo and Alex growled at him and Vince glared at Louis. I hugged Vince's arm more tightly not liking the tone of his voice. Vince held me more protectively and continued to rub circles.

"EVERYONE out"! His deep voice boomed through the walls making me flinch. "sorry baby". he whispered kissing my head. the boys all kissed my head and cheek before walking out of the room making my heart be filled with warmth. Louis stayed put with his arms folded. "Louis". Vince warned. "What dad? I am not moving! I want to know who had the fucking balls to hurt my baby sister". Tears emerged in my eyes and I raised my sleeve to my nose sniffling. "Louis I won't ask again get out". He was about to protest but then he looked at me and sighed in defeat. "fine". He muttered then kissed my temple. "I will never let anyone hurt you again baby". he whispered to me before walking out of the room.

Vince placed me down on the bed then sat down so he was sitting Infront facing me. "Look baby I know it is hard and is scary but you need to talk to me". I then broke down crying he acted in an instant and pulled me into his arms. "I-I can't". I sobbed out. "why can't you? Why can't you talk to me"? He asked calmly softly play his hands through my hair. "b-because you will h-hate me and l-leave me". I whispered his grip around me tightened when I mentioned 'leave'. "baby I will never leave you! You are my little girl. I just got you, I will never let you go". I looked at him with my teary eyes. "promise". I whispered. He kissed my hands and smiled sadly. "I promise". I then brought out my pinkie. It may seem childish but when I and dad made this promise. The promise was unbreakable. He smiled at my actions and wrapped his large pinkie around my tiny one. I kissed my thumb and he followed my actions kissing his own thumb.

He then tucked a hair behind my ear. "so, can you please talk to me, baby"?  I looked at him conflicted but weakly nodded. "how about I ask you some questions hmm"? I nodded again and he caressed my cheek. "how did you hurt your shoulder? And where did those marks on your neck come from"? it looked like it pained him to ask him as his eyes filled with sadness.  I looked down at my hands for a minute deciding whether or not to answer. "Mike". I whispered and his turned pitch black. "H-he pushed me down the stairs". I would be surprised if he heard me but he did and his eyes were the darkest thing I had ever seen. "what else has his done"? his voice was cold as ice it brought shivers up my spine. "u-um i-I e-err". I wasn't sure how to answer or what to say. Vince saw this and took a deep breath. "how long has this abuse being happening"? I drew a deep breath. "since I was 7... it got worse when mike came along". My voice was blunt and I tried my best not to think when answering. Because if I did I wouldn't answer.  "Margaret hurt you too". he asked more as a statement than a question. "she hurt me because of... John". My heart broke just saying his name aloud brought back the pain. "He was her last husband". I nodded then sighed hugging a pillow closely. "y-yes... he was the m-man who raised me .. he died at work when he was on duty.. she always blamed me because he only worked those hours so he could afford to keep me". my voice broke remembering that I was the reason behind Johns death. I killed him. "Baby I want you to look at me". I did as he commanded. "it was not your fault". His voice was stern and soft.

"I-I'm sorry". I cried and his eyes softened. "why are you sorry"? he asked softly and calmly. "because I call you Vince... I d-don't mean too. It's just john raised me and I have always saw him as my father. Now that you are here. "i-I feel like i-I a-am r-replacing h-him". He then cooed and looked heartbroken. "oh, baby girl". He lifted me onto his lap. "You aren't replacing him. I may not be him and I never will be. But I know he would be so proud of you. He would want you to be happy. Because I know that I am. I am so proud that my little girl grew up to be so strong, so beautiful and so precious. I am so proud to be able to call you my baby girl". I wrapped my arm around his neck and pulled him into a tight hug.

"thank you, dad... I love you" I whispered. "I love you too baby girl and I always will". He softly said while he rubbed my back. "now can I ask you some more questions". I nodded.

"How often did they hurt you". He asked his voice hiding coldness behind it. "they hurt me every day". His grip around me tightened. "they hurt me for simple things... like if I didn't wake up on time. Or if I didn't do all the chores like cooking and cleaning". His lips turned into a sad frown and he had small tears at the corners of his eyes. "It became a routine one beating every morning". I shrugged looking down at my lap. "depending on how I have behaved would determine the severity of it". A tear ran down his cheek and he looked so sad. I quickly wiped it and hugged him not wanting him to be sad. He lightly sobbed into my neck. "I am so sorry baby girl". I hugged him tighter not wanting him to be sad it made my heart ache. "it's ok". I whispered but he shook his head. "no it isn't I wasn't there for you! I wasn't there for you. You had to grow up all alone... you to suffer alone... I failed to protect you".

"no, you didn't. you did not fail. You didn't know about me it wasn't your fault. You might have not being there then. But you are here now". He smiled at me and I wiped his tears away. "how did I manage to get such a beautiful daughter"? he softly asked chuckling to himself. "I will not let anyone hurt you again". I sighed softly not knowing to believe him or not to. It's hard to believe in something like that after you have lived a life full of hurt. "Ok". Was all I said. "did mike do anything...else to you"? My face paled at the question and I looked at his fall of horror.

"I-I".. he then caressed my cheek wiping the tears away with his thumb. "h-he um he err r-rap-touched me". I wasn't sure how to say it. I have never said it aloud before. Saying it aloud seemed surreal. He got up with his jaw clenched and his hands formed in large fists. He paced the room looking like he was going to kill someone he then did a thunderous roar. Which startled me making me jump. I clenched my pillow closer to my chest feeling my anxiety increase. He came to me placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Those people will pay, I will make them pay". His voice was so cold that I knew that he wasn't kidding.