Chapter Twenty-Two

Lunar's POV

Walking into the theatre, Mathis looked at me, her leg bouncing and agitated as she combed her fingers through her wig, "W-We have a small problem."

I looked at her, already knowing what she was going to say, as I rolled my eyes, "...Who's he playing as?"

Her voice got quiet, "He got into the office and switched people's roles... He convinced Ms. Osborn to keep your new role."

"I'm motherfucking Juliet, aren't I?" My jaw tightened and wiggled. Of all the roles, of course, I'm this stupid bitch and he's going to be fucking Romeo. This dope couldn't be any more predictable! Matty gave a hesitant nod as Mr. Lincoln and Mr. Hayes entered the theatre, seeing her distress.

I let out an irritated sigh, not bothering to say anything else as I pushed into the room of the stage, Anthien gave a grin towards me as he bowed, "Hello, my beautiful Juliet!"

We had spent weeks practicing for him to do this. Not all of us had practiced other lines in case of this mishap so chances were slim on our performance being flawless. I gave an annoyed smile, doing a courtesy at him, "My Prickly Romeo, you really shouldn't have. Does thou want to piss me off?"

He took my hand and kissed it after I joined him on the stage, "How could I truly resist a romance such as this being performed?"

"Oh, are you in for a treat, My Darling Lovebird," Smirking at him, I shot my hand away from him. Taking a calm, deep breath as I watched Mr. Osborn eye us.

"I do hope everyone knows their lines," She breathed, directing her focus to me, "Especially you as your role was drastically changed. You're all good, yes? I know you're amazing with memory, but I have to double-check."

I smiled warmly at her, hugging her with reassurance. Drawing attention to Anthien because I'd done my own little game. I had a feeling he'd do this, so I did some script editing, "Oh, I very much know my lines, I'm more worried about poor Romeo over here. Are we sure he knows his lines?"

"Don't worry about me, I practiced," He grinned deviously at me, watching me walk away, but yanking me back by my wrist as he kissed my ear, "Don't think I didn't see the script change, My Little Plaything. I left you a gift at your makeup desk, I think you'll want to look more into who 'Claims' you next time."

This made me look at him with a strange look, his smile growing from ear to ear as he waved over to Mr. Lincoln and Mr. Hayes. I looked over to them, heading over to where he was speaking as Mr. Lincoln hollered, pale-skinned as if he knew what was being spoken about, "Lunar, do not!"

"Keep him blocked," I hissed at Mathis as I lifted the papers that were on my makeup desk, flipping through them quickly. Mathis stayed in front of the door, watching me as I flipped through everything. At first, it just looked like silly, old papers. However, it escalated my heart rate at some phrases and paintings.

"Lunar ---," Mr. Lincoln pained, my hand tightening and loosening the more I flipped and read the papers. I kept rereading, analyzing every word and letter. It made my world spin, my stomach flipped, and my heart ached. My blood became vile and poisonous.

"It-It says you were married," I stared at the papers, my jaw tight, "with kids. Is that true?"

"Lunar, please, let me expla--," He became so hesitant and distant, it only sounded like he was going to feed me bullshit. Not a damn chance.

"IS IT TRUE?!" I wrenched and glared at him, clenching my jaw so angrily that it hurt, my yelling and tone even getting Mathis to flinch. She stepped back but remained to block him in case he tried to come near me. I couldn't tell if it was for my safety or his. I rarely got tempered, last time I was this pissed off I put some guy in the hospital.