003

Skye had never felt so lucky in her second period English class. Her luck started off when she and Levi were sat on complete opposite sides of the room. Her luck then got even better when she realized that she was surrounded by quiet but also smart kids who wouldn't bother her whatsoever. It was like she had struck gold.

Skye's lucky streak continued when she didn't have both third and fourth period with him. To add onto it, she was glad to not be stuck spending her favorite subject, Spanish (specifically AP Spanish) in the same room as him. Unfortunately, her lucky streak ended in fifth period, aka lunch, when she found herself sitting alone until Levi randomly set his tray down in front of her and sat down, looking insanely sweaty cause he just had gym class the period before.

The confused girl looked up from her phone, raising an eyebrow at Levi. "Uh, why are you sitting here?"

"Cause I want to." He shrugged, digging into his lunch like he hadn't eaten in days.

"Why are you so sweaty?" She asked him. The sight of his sweaty face and the way he was eating his food made Skye not want to eat her own lunch, but she'd rather not starve for the rest of the day so she just had to suck it up.

"Gym class," Levi replied. "Why are you asking so many questions?"

"Because it's weird that you're sitting with me." Skye leaned in and whisper yelled, seeing plenty of eyes on her. Levi could care less about how many eyes were on him, but that was really only because he was so used to them on him anyway.

"So?"

Levi really didn't get it. They were on completely different sides of the popularity spectrum. He had plenty of friends, well, plenty of options of people to see with while Skye had none. She noticed that a good amount of his teammates were in the same lunch period as them, so why not sit with them instead of her? However, the reason why Levi was sitting with her was because his best friends weren't in his lunch, and he wasn't all too close with his teammates outside of the field. Skye seemed like the best option, and it gave him the opportunity to get to know his lab partner better since they were going to be stuck together for the rest of the year.

"You're not gonna shut up until I give in, right?" She asked with a sassy tone.

"Mhm." He said with a sly smirk. The guy was definitely smooth, she had to give him that, but Skye really didn't want to spend her lunch period with him if it meant she would have to do so every single day for the rest of the school year. Chemistry and English class were enough.

"Is it too late to switch lab partners?" Skye scoffed.

"You're stuck with me." Levi chuckled, popping a chip into his mouth and crunching into it with the same smirk on his face.

"Yo, Daniels!" One of his teammates who was walking by called out. "You wanna sit with us? Or are you occupied with, um-"

Yes, this was her chance to get rid of him so she could have some freedom. Although Skye was mostly looking at random stuff on her phone so it looked like she was occupied herself before Levi showed up, she couldn't stand this guy already and the first day of school wasn't even over yet. She just wanted less chaos while she could have it. "He's not b-"

"Ah, I'm kinda busy here, man." Levi interrupted. "Lab partner stuff. AP classes suck."

"Totally, bro." He replied. "See you at practice!"