A Warning

Arlo sat at his seat in the meeting room, looking down at his feet, trying to keep himself from shaking.

Keith had brought Arlo to the command post. It been about thirty minutes since he was in the mess hall, but he had already been called to see Gale.

I shouldn't have done this.

Gale strode into the building from the back of the room, and Arlo could see his face was flustered.

"Arlo... is this... did you truly go and make a speech about your little ideal?" Gale's voice was trembling with disappointment.

Arlo looked up from the ground.

"Gale... I really think that this is-"

"You can't be serious! You really think that this is right?" Gale turned away from him, putting his face in his hands.

"Because of this, the soldiers of the Endeavors are quickly beginning to doubt the leadership! Is this what you wanted?" Gale continued.

Gale turned around to face Arlo.

"If you bring up this matter one more time, I will have you immediately demoted and exiled from the site. Remember, you are not the general. You are just a secondary." Gale spoke quietly.

"I..." Arlo paused.

A...

A secondary?

"I'm sorry, sir. I won't betray your trust again." Arlo stood up.

"You better not." Gale sighed.

Arlo's brows furrowed as he looked down again.

I am not just a secondary.

Arlo shoved his chair back under the table.

Just as Gale was about to open the door at the back of the room, he paused.

"Arlo... I'm sorry. You are not just a secondary. Just... don't mess up like this again."

Keith walked up behind Arlo and patted him on the shoulder.

"Sorry about that. I... I think your idea for the future is the right one. Just not now." Keith smiled.

"Thanks... I... I needed that." Arlo smiled back.

Gods, I'm so blessed to have people like him in my life.