Chapter 9: Voices

"All these screams. All these voice in my head."

-Nicki Minaj

TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER MAY MAKE SOME VIEWERS UNCOMFORTABLE.

So, this is Tortuga...

It's a bit underwhelming.

The rancid smell of booze radiated from almost every direction that you turned. Every person you saw was either drunk or passed out on the ground.

Were all pirates like this-- Drunk and stupid?

A sound of surprise left your lips as an arm wrapped itself around your shoulders, draping over your form casually.

Your blue eyes followed the limb until the met the gaze of the sea captain.

The smile that rested on his lips seemed to be carefree, but his silver eyes seemed to be filled with something a bit darker...something that told you, he probably wasn't doing this for no reason.

"I may be a gentleman," He whispered, breath fanning over the back of your neck. "But, the men here would not hesitate to strip you of your clothes and have their way with you until they are satisfied."

You tilted your head slightly, glancing around as your small group walked through the crowded square.

Dirty pirates were everywhere, their eyes scanning over your body unabashedly and without shame. You would probably be able to fight off a small group of them, if they were to gang up on you, but if it were a larger group of armed men, you wouldn't stand a chance-- even with your skills.

"Then, why didn't you just leave me on the ship?" You asked quietly.

Jimin smiled at you, leaning forward and bumping his nose against yours as he walked with his arm draped over you.

"Because I'm not stupid." He deadpanned. "If I would have left you alone, you'd probably be sailing away on my ship right now."

You shrugged your shoulders. This guy had a better read on you than you had thought.

"I'm still having trouble understanding why you feel the need to touch me."

The blue-haired captain glanced around the square.

"I'm just making sure that everyone here knows who you belong to." He said. "Some of these idiots will probably try to touch you anyway, but most of them know that any hand that comes in contact with my things gets cut off."

You frowned. You didn't really appreciate him calling you his. It made you feel dirty and altogether annoyed. You were your own person, not some kind of toy that he happened upon.

You scoffed, shrugging his arm off of your shoulders and walking ahead of him, choosing to keep stride with Namjoon instead.

Jimin frowned at your actions, his arm falling limply to his side as he watched you begin to converse with the tall sailor.

"You shouldn't get angry with him," Namjoon chuckled softly. "He's only doing what he thinks is best for you."

You raised an eyebrow.

"That's what he wants me to think," You chuckled. "We both know he doesn't care about what happens to me, he just wants information."

Namjoon's brown orbs scanned over your face for a few seconds.

"That may be true," He digressed. "But, that doesn't change that fact that he needs you alive...So, you can rest assured that any attempt to keep you safe is genuine."