XV. Masquerade Ball

• • • •

• • • •

With a phone between her shoulder and ear, Faith struggled to place a golden bracelet around her wrist. Her injuries had somewhat healed from her punishment from two weeks ago, leaving only scars. Still struggling to hook the bracelet on, Faith spoke to the phone. "Marcel, please tell me you have your eyes on her."

"I'm looking at her climbing up a slide," the vampire told her.

"I told you to keep her inside," Faith hissed through the phone. "Someone told Katherine about her and she threatened me with her."

She heard Marcel sigh and could faintly hear the vampire telling Dani that it was time to leave. "I got a lead on a new vampire that arrived in New Orleans about a week ago. We're going to go check it out tonight."

"If they're responsible, kill the bastard for me," Faith said before hanging up. She set the phone down before managing to hook the bracelet around her wrist.

She was wearing a dark red off shoulder lace dress with the back being a few inches longer than the front. Her eyes were covered by a black lace masquerade mask with her hair smoothly combed in their natural curls and matching black lace-up heels. She wore her usual teardrop ruby necklace with a simple gold necklace and two golden bracelets on each wrist.

All her jewelry was for storing magic, specifically Katherine's. The brunette vampire had threatened Dani's life and Faith wasn't going to let that go. The siphoner could've killed the vampire last night, but she couldn't until she was sure the toddler was safe. Plus, Faith knew she could take in large amounts of magic but even she had a limit. She needed whatever extra magic into the jewelry she wore to the Masquerade Ball.

Katherine was going to pay.

• • • •

Faith walked toward the dance floor outside where she could see Katherine and Stefan dancing. She walked through couples before she arrived next to the two vampires dancing. Her blue eyes met the brunette's brown eyes.

"My little witch," Katherine smirked.

Stefan turned and was surprised to see Faith. He knew the siphoner wouldn't team up with Katherine. She hated her as much as she hated the vampire's doppelgänger. The only reason she hasn't killed Elena was that she was Jeremy's sister and had the Salvatore brothers backing her up. "Faith?"

Their attention went to Aimee. "Hey Stefan, I can't find Matt," the girl then turned to Katherine and Faith. "Oh my god, Elena, Faith! You look so gorge."

Faith frowned at the slang whereas Katherine smiled and thanked the girl. "Thank you. I love your necklace."

"Oh, thanks."