Chapter 30

revealing my heart slowly

I woke up with my head on dads chest and his arms wrapped around me protectively

I woke up with my head on dads chest and his arms wrapped around me protectively. His arms felt heavy against my ribs causing burning pain. My shoulder was also on fire today. A small whimper left my lips as I moved to try and get more comfortable. Dads eyes shot open and he looked at me his worried eyes scanning me. "what's wrong? Are you ok"? memories came from last night. I just cringed at it. I told Vince... I told my dad... I called him dad... he now knows everything. He knows everything.." I'm fine". I lied trying to sit up without hurting my shoulder or ribs more.  "what's wrong with your ribs"? I didn't even know I had my arm clutching them. "nothing". I gritted my teeth. He frowned slightly but immediately brought it into a cold stone one emotionless facial expression. "I won't ask again what is wrong with your ribs". I sighed in annoyance and ran my hand through my hair. It is hard for me to talk to people. It is hard for me to open up. It is just hard. "My ribs ". I mumbled under my breath. He swore something under his breath and his eyes darkened. "can I check them, honey". He said moving my messy bed hair from my face. my breath hitched and my face drained just thinking about it. he will see my scars... I shook my vigorously which made him sigh. He started to lift up my hoodie which made me bolt. I bolted out of the room only to run into a wall. "Why are there so many bloody walls here". I mumbled under my breath only to look up and see that the wall is Milo. He had an amused smile plastered on his face. he then helped me up on my feet being wary of my shoulder. I then heard Vince coming so I ran quickly behind Milo. Milo was confused and tried to get me off but I only tightened my grip. "I can see you, Breanna". Vince sighed. My breath hitched and I back away only for me to back away into someone. I looked behind me to see Enzo and Alex behind him. Great my three oldest brothers and Vince my father.... Great. "honey I just want to see your ribs". Vince talked to me sadly trying to convince me.

"But- I-.... I- ". I tried coming up with an excuse so badly. Alex looked so sad and concerned and he wrapped his arms around me protectively. "little one why don't I check them". It was more a statement than a question. "But i-I". A big pair of arms lifted me up and carried me down the stairs bridal style. I looked to see it was milo. He places me down on the couch and milo held down my legs. I dug my nails in my palm clenching my eyes shut as I felt them raising my shirt up. My dark bruised ribs were all exposed. As well as the stitched-up gash on my stomach. Milos face scrunched up and he looked like he was about to throw up. Alex looked like he was about to cry and he started playing with my hair probably more calming for himself than for me. Vince and Enzo looked like they were about to explode with rage. Enzo cursed something under his breath looking at my scrawny bony bruised up the stomach. Alex took a deep breath and kissed my forehead. Vince grabbed a seat and sat next to me grabbing my hand.

"I am just going check your ribs, ok Brea". I nodded. "I will need to put some pressure on them to see if they are broken or not... I am not going to lie it is going to hurt". My breath hitched but I nodded. he put some pressure on my ribs making me instantly wince. He did a few times and each time a tear escaped Vince or Enzo would quickly wipe them away. "You did really good, little one". I nodded and then pulled down my shirt before they could see my back. but before I could Vince stopped me he obviously got a small glimpse of my back. "let me see your back". Vince's eyes were as dark as ever and his voice held nothing but coldness. Milo turned me around and Alex lifted my shirt more. I heard a couple of hitched gasps and some growls. Tears fell down my cheeks as I silently cried. Well if they weren't going to leave me then they defiantly will now.  "I'm going to fucking burn them alive". Milo darkly chuckled. "Oh, trust me, brother, they will be getting a lot more than that". Alex snarled thunder booming in his voice. "Boys"! Enzo growled at the two and they instantly stopped meeting my wide eyes with apologetic ones. "sorry baby". they both sighed in sync.

Milo left the room and came back with two pieces of Nutella on toast and a glass of orange juice. He placed down the plate and glass in front of me on the coffee table then left the room to make himself his own breakfast. "never thought I'd see the day Milo made someone else food". Alex mumbled but I heard it which made me giggle. They all looked at me with smiles then kissed my cheeks. I scrunched my face in disgust then wiped my cheeks. "Aww baby". Alex cooed mockingly then sat down next to me. "Where are the others". I asked sipping on the juice. "Bruno is in bed. The kid never has enough sleep". he mumbled the last bit which made me giggle again. "and the twins had to sort out some business" his tone completely changed at the last bit and his eyes darkened his lips changed into a sinister smile. I tilted my head in confusion he saw then change now smiling warmly at me. "oh". Was all I said. Surprising all the boys ate in the lounge but Vince needed to do something on his laptop so he ate in the kitchen.  I only managed one half of my toast. "Brea". Enzo warned. "what"! I exclaimed putting my hands in surrender. "eat more". I rolled my eyes then ignored him. "Brea I will force you if I have too". Something told me he wasn't joking. So I force-fed myself to eat another bite. "this is pure force by the way! I am not even hungry". Enzo calmed himself then narrowed his eyes at me. "I didn't ask you if you were hungry. Did I? and If I have to force you then so be it". it was my turn to narrow my eyes at him but I then sighed in defeat and slouched down in the couch. "who twisted your knickers in a knot sunshine". I mumbled under my breath not really for anyone to hear but milo did. He tried his best not to laugh but was trying to cover it his best by coughing. "what was that"? Enzo challenged almost daring me to say it again. But me being me. I always rise to the challenge. "I said who twis-"

"just go upstairs and get changed". Enzo sighed in annoyance. "Yes, sergeant Sunshine". I saluted like a soldier holding a completely straight face. Alex snickered and milo chuckled lightly shaking his head. Milo then got up still laughed and then picked me up. "Woah Woah what do you think you are doing? Put. me. down". I gritted hating the way they carry me like some rag doll. He rolled his eyes than carried me up the stairs to my bedroom. "You know it is kind of scary how light you are". He muttered.

Aww, thanks for the compliment you big-headed imbecile.

"yep". My voice dry. He looked at me sadly then placed me down on the bedroom floor. He looked at my shopping bags which is still unpacked. "why haven't you unpacked"? He asked with a raised eyebrow. "what's the point of unpacking if I am just going to be kicked out". I shrugged carelessly grabbing my usual baggy pants and big hoodie. "you really think dad is going to kick you out". He mumbled to himself shaking his head in disbelief. He came and stopped me in my tracks. "Dad would never kick you out"! I only nodded. "no you need to believe it! I have never seen dad smile and laugh like the way he has. Until you came along! This household has never felt so complete until you came here. we all love you Brea and couldn't ask for a better little baby sister".

"I am not a baby". I mumbled which made his lips twitch into a smile. "we will never leave you, Brea. We are your big brothers, your protectors we will never leave you. You could hate us and we still wouldn't leave your side". I pulled Milo into a tight hug lightly crying into his shoulder. "you have made me into a crying monster". I growled into his shoulder which made him chuckle. "Yeah but you are my little monster". I only hmph in response.

"HEY"! we both look up to an offended Bruno in the doorframe pouting like two-year-old. "what"? I ask confused. "No one told me it was a sibling hugging party going on". Bruno whined before running up and throwing his big arms around me. Milo laughed more loudly this time shaking his head.

Milo then left the room before ruffling Bruno's head. I sighed loudly clutching the hoddie in my hands. "are you going to be there today". I asked in hopeful eyes. Whenever I am with Bruno I always feel complete. I don't know if it is a twin thing. But something about him just makes me feel secure. He was like a night blankie. "Of course, sissy Louis's man period couldn't even stop me". I chuckled at his choice of words. "Thanks, bubba". He scrunched his face in disgust. "Bubba". His body shudders while saying it. "your nickname silly". I giggled he scrunched his face in disgust then chuckled to himself before pulling me into a big brother hug. "you are lucky that you are my twin."