Chapter Twenty-Six

Seven days.

It had been a full week since Arielle had last heard from Sebastian.

Arielle watched as teams were sent out to actively look for Sebastian and his company start to take a slight toll with his absence.

Even with Arielle helping lead the company, her inexperience in the field showed.

Despite fully emerging herself into his work and receiving help from the team, the lack of Sebastian's warmth meant that he was constantly on her mind even if she was trying to distract herself from it.

Knowing that she couldn't provide much to look for him, she urged the others to continue even if the outcome was bleak.

The week went by painstakingly slowly.

Though she tried her best to grasp the concepts, seven days wasn't nearly enough for her to know how to run a large business let alone a conglomerate.

In an emergency meeting, Arielle decided it was best to keep Sebastian's missing a well-guarded secret from the company and the public.

His disappearance would likely send the workers into a panic and the last thing Arielle wanted was to watch families worry about their paycheck and whether or not they were safe in their work environment.

Arielle sighed as she kicked off her heels, dropped off her bag on the table and made her way up the stairs.

She had come to dread coming home, only seeing reminders of Sebastian plastered on their walls.

His disappearance puzzled her.

Where would he go?

Why did he go?

Was he safe?

Was he okay?

She was desperate for answers.

Her heightened anxiety meant that she spent her nights sleepless and over-thinking about Sebastian among other things.

She refused to look at the documents pertaining to what would happen if Sebastian wasn't alive.

Instead she threw herself into his work, returning at around 2 A.M. in the morning and getting ready to leave for work again at 7 A.M.

Slowly, she stripped off her pantsuit and grabbed one of Sebastian's hoodies and some underwear before making her way to the sink counter and removing her makeup

The face behind her makeup spent all day working as she caught the attention of all the other employees, reflected one that was tired and drained from the events that she had gone through.

Arielle removed her eye makeup and foundation before wiping off what was left of her gloss and stepping into the shower.

She let the water cascade down her skin as she attempted to hold herself together.