CHAPTER 46

The stars, we see them only at night, and just because we don't see them during the day, doesn't mean they are not their. They are, it's just a Misunderstanding we have.

Aayan was staring at Ruhee's mobile, which was kept before him on his office table. He was waiting for a text to pop up so he can tear the guy into pieces. Moreover, he had a meeting with that guy today.

Wait till I get my hands on you, Nick King aka Nicholas King.

Aayan was furious that he actually approached Ruhee. He thought he was just playing around, but he was actually playing with Ruhee. Aayan was furious when he heard that name come out of her mouth. He felt like murdering someone, more like Nick King.

I am really gonna kill him.

Mason walks into his office, 'Sir, Mr.King has arrived and is waiting in the meeting room.' Mason informs him. 'I'll be there in a minute.' Aayan says, still staring at Ruhee's mobile. Mason looks at his boss weirdly as he stares at the mobile. Mason excuses himself after a moment. As soon as Mason left, Ruhee's mobile pinged. Aayan quickly picks it up and checks it. It was from Nicholas King.

Avoid at all cost - Hey beautiful, thinking about you.

Aayan smirked at the text. He had saved this name for his number on Ruhee's mobile.

So, you thinking about Ruhee while waiting for a million dollars collaboration.

Aayan gets up from his seat, holding Ruhee's mobile and walks to the meeting room. He enters the meeting room to find Zubair and Nicholas waiting for him. He settles down after a handshake and begins the meeting. Sometime in the middle of the meeting, Aayan pulls out Ruhee's mobile. He looks at Nicholas who was busy listening to what Zubair was explaining to him.

Ruhee - I was also thinking about you.

A ping of notification is heard and Aayan looks towards Nicholas. Nicholas doesn't look at his mobile but concentrates at what Zubair was saying to him. Aayan was impressed that Nicholas was dedicated to his work, but he really needed him to see that text. So, Aayan sits straight and clears his throat before saying, 'Zubair, I have something I need to discuss with you.' Zubair looks at his friend and frowns, 'Sure, you can say that after this meeting.' Zubair says and turns back to Nicholas. 'No, I want to right now.' Aayan says, and gets up to walk out the meeting room.

Zubair follows him soon, questioning him, 'Dude, what is so important that you needed to speak to me in between of a meeting?' Aayan ignores Zubair, and peeks into the meeting room. Nicholas picks up his mobile and later, his eyebrows shoot up in surprise. He types in his mobile and Ruhee's mobile pings.

Now, I am sure it's him.

'Aayan, are you gonna tell me or keep staring at Nicholas like a creep.' Aayan again ignores Zubair and checks Ruhee's mobile.

Avoid at all costs - Oh, you finally replied, and this is the best so far.

Aayan smirks at the text and types. Zubair peeps into the mobile and says, 'Hey, this isn't your mobile. Did you buy a new one?' Aayan ignores him.

Ruhee - well, I wanted to let you know, that if you continue this, you'll get hurt.

Aayan looks inside the meeting room to find Nicholas smirking, 'Dude, who is "Avoid at all costs"? Zubair asks him. The mobile pings, and Aayan looks at it.

Avoid at all costs - You are a heart breaker then. I don't mind getting hurt by you, darling.

Aayan and Zubair cringe at the message for various reasons. Aayan, because it was too cheesy and also, he called his wife "Darling", 'Bro, someone called you darling.' Aayan hears Zubair say. Aayan just glares at his friend and types.

Ruhee - I didn't mean by heart, I meant physically. Someone I know, might kill you for this prank.

Aayan sends and looks at Nicholas. Nicholas frowns and types, 'Why do you send a text and keep looking at Nicholas?' Zubair was getting annoyed with Aayan's silence by now. 'Because I am texting him, and I wanna see his reaction. Now, shut up.' Aayan finally answers him. 'Why are you texting him, when you can talk to him? He is here after all. And why use a different mobile?' Zubair asks, more confused, but Aayan ignores him. Ruhee's mobile pings again and Aayan looks at it.

Avoid at all costs - you are worth the pain, sweetie.

Aayan's face cringes again while Zubair gasps. Aayan looks at his friend to see him covering his mouth and eyes holding shock, 'I don't believe this.' Zubair says after uncovering his mouth. Aayan frowns at him. Zubair looks at him with disbelief and says, 'Bro, I can't believe this, but it is happening.' Aayan tilts his head at him. Zubair places his hand on Aayan's right shoulder and says, 'I know it must be hard on you, but don't worry, I am here.' Aayan's frown deepens, 'What are you saying?' 'Shh, you don't need to say. I will help you, no matter what.' Zubair says, placing a finger on Aayan's lips to silence him. Aayan pushes his finger away and looks at him, 'Nicholas is...' Aayan begins but Zubair completes it, '..... is hitting on you. I know, man.' Zubair shakes his head in sadness.

Aayan looks at Zubair with horror in his eyes and disgust on his face, 'No!' Aayan says shaking his head. Zubair looks at his friend and pulls him in for a hug, 'I know, it's hard truth to digest buddy, but I won't let him get to you.' Aayan pushes himself away from Zubair and says, 'Shut up, man.' 'Aayan it's hard I know. We can....'Zubair starts but Aayan cuts him off, 'No, seriously man, Shut up.' Zubair shuts up and looks at Aayan. Aayan shows Ruhee's mobile and says, 'This, is Ruhee's mobile...' he point at Nicholas, '.... and he has been texting her and talking all this cheesy stuff with her. I am just getting to him for that.' Zubair's eyes widen in understanding and he stutters, 'You mean, he.... You... Not..' 'No!!' Aayan confirms to him. Aayan looks back at Ruhee's mobile and types while Zubair, bangs his head on the wall.

Ruhee - Okay, let's end it here. I am gonna tell Aayan if you keep on texting me like this, Mr.Nicholas King.

Aayan sends the text and looks at Nicholas. A look of fear passes over his face and he keeps his mobile down. Aayan smiles satisfied at his reaction. He places Ruhee's mobile in his pocket and looks at Zubair who looked devastated.

What was he thinking? Thinking Nicholas was hitting on me. God knows what runs in his head these days.

Aayan shakes his head at his friend and enters the meeting room without him. As soon as Aayan enters, Nicholas stands up and says, a bit nervous, 'Hey, Aayan, I have something to do, so let's cut the meeting here. We'll discuss it sometime later.' 'Why? The fun has just begun.' Aayan says. 'Oh, No, not today. Bye.' Nicholas says, and walks out the room. Aayan smirks at his retrieving figure. Nicholas walks by a still in shock Zubair, out of Aayan's site.

Hopefully he'll keep away from Ruhee now.

Aayan reaches home at around 9:30pm. He walks into his room to find Ruhee studying on the couch. He walks to her and gives her, her mobile. She accepts and says, 'Thank you.' 'Didn't miss your mobile today?' Aayan asks her as he removes his watch, 'Naah! I am actually not fond of my mobile much, its just a necessity these days.' Aayan nods at her. Ruhee moves closer to him, 'Aayan, my model exams start from next week and I have a habit of studying at night. So, if you don't mind, can I use your study to study? I don't wanna disturb your sleep by keeping the light on and if I go to the living room, there are chances that Ammi might wake up.' She asks.

Aayan looks at her and nods his head, she smiles at him and nods her head. Aayan walks past Ruhee, to go to the closet when he stops and turns to her. She looks at him, waiting for him to say anything, 'I have handled that stalker guy, so don't worry. And if he ever calls you or texts you just avoid it. Oh, and I have also deleted his text box. And stay away from Nicholas King, no matter what. Don't ask why, just do.' he says. Ruhee nods her head, with a pout. Aayan was about to turn and walk in, when she asks him, 'If you have deleted his text box and I haven't saved his number, how will I know its him?' Aayan looks at her and smirks, 'Oh, you'll know.' he says and walks into the closet to get changed.

Oh, she'll know, alright.