SAD BIRDS SING TOO

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

HABROMANIA
(n.) delusions of happiness

♢ ♢ ♢

Ravenna stood there frozen, not knowing how to physically respond. His eyes continued to take over her that was followed by his signature smirk. She didn't get what he found so amusing. Was it the fact she was standing covered in cupcake batter all over her or the fact she still hadn't managed to mutter a word.

"Ms.Romano?" He called out once again in his smooth Italian accent.

"Mr.Rossi." She finally managed to sweetly word back as she tucked in the loose curl of her mocha hair.

"How may I help you?" Ravenna further questioned as he scrunched his face which he tended to do when he found a question amusing.

"Well, are you not willing to give me therapy anymore?" He added as she cleared her throat out to get rid of the growing lump before answering.

"Of course Mr.Rossi, but at 7 in the evening?" Ravenna informed him of the time as she glanced over the clock that was ticking its way on the cream walls.

"If I remember right you told me to come whenever I'm ready, so I don't see the problem." Rafael reminded her shrugging his shoulders as she opened her mouth to say something, but closed it right back.

"Alright Mr.Rossi you may make your way to the living room." The therapist stepped away smiling gently as he walked into the homely apartment.

"How do you do this?" He asked as she smiled confused.

"I don't get what you're referring to Mr.Rossi." Ravenna responded as he tilted his head to the side as if he was debating to continue the sentence or not.

"Mr.Rossi, open up to me. Remember that's the problem we're trying to solve here." She reminded him as he took a deep breathe before painting his expressionless face.

"It amuses me how you have such a bright personality despite your field of work. Those eyes that always shine bright." Ravenna was speechless as he decorated her with compliments. He was the Italian mafia, so she wouldn't have been surprised when he gave cold responds. But, this was not coming from the cold mob boss. It was coming from Rafael.

"Mr.Rossi living itself is the rarest thing one could do because it seems so simple. But most people just exist not live and that's all there it is to their story." She explained in the sweet gentle voice that he had came to be addicted to.