⇢ CHAPTER 24

season 6 episode 1

"I'LL BE BACK BEFORE YOU KNOW IT

"I'LL BE BACK BEFORE YOU KNOW IT."

As she finished changing clothes in the intern locker room in preparation for April's small gathering, Holly closed her locker door as she bent down to tie her shoes and Mark slowly walked inside.

"Hey," Holly smiled up at the attending she considered a friend, "what are you doing here?" Finishing tying one shoe, Holly brought up her other foot and barely glanced over at Mark, who had eyes full of sorrow for his redhead friend, "I'm gonna go meet my sister and her friends," She stood on her two shoes and looked up at him, "Lexie's not here."

"I know." Mark nodded, "Holly--"

"'Holly'?" Holly chuckled, frowning her eyebrows, "What happened to 'Red'?"

Mark sighed, "Holl--"

"It's not George!" Lexie yelled, running into the locker room and Holly frowned her eyebrows more.

"What--?"

"We thought John Doe was George." Lexie answered, slightly out of breath as she shook her head, "But he's too tall to be George. John Doe can't be George."

"He wrote in my hand." Meredith explained, which caused everyone to talk all at once in confusion.

"With a pen?" Mark asked from beside Holly.

"What did he do?" Holly questioned.

"No, he grabbed my hand and squeezed it," Meredith recalled, "and he wrote with his finger."

Derek, who was on the other side of Holly, frowned his eyebrows, "He wrote with his finger?"

"You know," She gestured by doing the action on herself, "in my hand. He wrote '007'."

"Well, give..." Bailey walked forward to grab Meredith's hand as the others stood frozen.

"I don't understand." Derek admitted, shaking his hand and Holly nodded.

Bailey wrote '007' with her finger while Meredith didn't look and Bailey sighed, "Okay, what did I write?"

"Joe?" Meredith shrugged.

"N-No!" Bailey shook her head and the others groaned, "No, I did not write 'Joe'."

"Are you kidding me?" Holly rolled her eyes.

"Are--Are you serious?" Cristina shook her head at her friend.

"Grey," Webber reprimanded, "do you mean this may not be O'Malley?"

Mark scoffed, looking at his two friends, "This is funny."

"Some kind of dark humor, I guess." Holly shrugged, agreeing with Mark before groaning, "I have to get to my sister's thing, this is ridiculous."