CHAPTER FIVE

"Hello, son."

They both turned to the door. One with a startled expression—the other a delightful one. The latter, an eager woman who obviously had been awaiting the arrival of the newest interrupter, sighed in great relief.

A chubby woman in her late fifties: Richly dressed in blue satin gown bathed with emerald stones that swept the sparkling tiled floor. Gold necklace adorned her neck matching her earrings, bracelet and six gold rings on her two three middle fingers.

Daniel... Sometimes wonder why that appease his mother greatly. A goddess of fashion who extracts pleasure in detailing just how wealthy she happened to be by her appearance. He was sure her wardrobe contains hundreds of clothes she really didn't like—but acquired with the notion of proving to herself her capabilities at spending her money.

Melissa, smiled at her grimly. But, Daniel saw beyond her facade. At the excitement brewing in her eyes.

He narrowed his eyes.

His dear mother... Seeming to see only what the outside entails... Raised a brow at her son.  "All fine?"

Daniel, tried to understand when his mother had turned to a match maker. Also whether she somehow got blind during her introduction to, Melissa that she thought to bring her home.  Forced him to accommodate her even against his will. He had disliked her the instant he set his eyes on her... And shuffling back through the history of his life, there was no hope for people he didn't find interesting at first sight.

For his mother's sake, he tried to work up at best a tiny bit of desire she showed him, instead a not too pure image of his ex kept flashing in and out his mind. Taunting him, tormenting his sanity.

What is it about, Eva that troubled his heart. Is he in anyway bound by a spell casted by her... Worst he found it almost impossible to control the power he feared she has over the organ deep within his muscled chest.
That... Hadn't been the deal, Daniel reminded himself. He has every right to change the rules his body outline. Needed to regimen himself to suit his wish.

He had thought he proved beyond doubt to himself of how bad she had been in his life. No way would he allow himself to fit back his ruthless ex. An insensitive cold woman. She gave no damn about him so why should he care? If only he could break the bounds and settle down with, Melissa... Maybe it might all vanish like it had never happened. Like they had never met... Wrapped each other up in hugs... Kisses...

Daniel, groaned louldy.

Nothing is impossible. If only not through, Melissa, with other woman out there willing to love and cherish him unconditionally. A woman who wouldn't take him for granted thereby making him hate even more the love word... Again.

Furious of a sudden, Daniel's eyes focused on the older women. "Mother__"

"I can see you both are getting along pretty well." Monica, waved dismissively. A cynical smile in place.

"Mum... I don't want to... I really don't wish to hurt your feelings or her. And I also don't need mine to be tampered..." He hesitated when his mother rounded her eyes indicating he quickly abort his mission.
Refusing to abide by the stinky eye, he continued, "tell her to leave my house this instant." He didn't look at the lady in question to gauge her reaction, but he felt it hit at him so hard he inhaled to  regulate his breath. "I am not interested. In fact marriage is not... I mean I'm not ready to be stuck with a woman for life."

Looking into his mother's eyes, Daniel took notice of the fast developing liquid glistening in there. "No, mum! Just don't... Mum... No..."

She grinned.