3

Emric.

"Oh my." He was cute with his glasses. Flustered with pink cheeks. Adorable though he seemed to be really in a world of his own.

"Hie. I'm Emric." I help him up and he still didn't say anything.

"Uh, I'm Uh. Linden." He seemed to flush when I fixed his glasses. Something about him made me feel giddy and forget that I was having a shitty day.

"I'm kind of new here, I can't find my class Culinary Arts." He smiled it was really beautiful that smile of his. "I have the same class, it's this way."

He led me to the classes upstairs. "That's the teacher she can assign you a partner." I go over toward the teacher and show her my schedule and previous syllabus chart.

"Class this is Emric Everlin treat him nicely and help him in any way, your partner is Linden over there, he's the only one free." I could see him trying to hide his blush. Cute.

Why didn't he have a partner though? I walked toward him and he hands me my apron. The class begins yet I couldn't take my eyes off him.

He seemed to enjoy what he was doing, I bet his food tastes better than mine. "So your name is Linden."

"Yeah, and you're Emric." I nod helping him make his sauce.

"Have you lived here long?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was born and raised here, you?" He seemed to genuinely get over his anxiety the more we talked I guess he was just reserved. I don't know why but he made me and my wolf happy.

"We just moved here, me and my whole family." I couldn't really tell him me and my whole pack that would require even more explanations.

"Oh that's really good, I mean that's cool, welcome to St Maine." I really couldn't get enough of that smile. "So what do you do for fun."

"I read half the time, I like dodge ball and cooking, basically all the boring stuff." He was downplaying it but I was already liking him because he wasn't out there.

"What have you read so far that you could recommend a guy." His eyes lit up like stars. We spent the rest of the class with him going over his favorite books.

"This is freaking amazing, why doesn't mine taste like this." It was after class and I was sitting by the bleachers with Linden eating what we made in class.

"I didn't follow the recipe, I put powdered garlic in the with paste." He chuckles whilst I devour the rest of his food.

"You're really great...I mean your food is great." Real smooth Emric, he might not even be gay. We spent the rest of the time talking more about our lives, no heavy topics though.

His favorite color is black, I'm sure I heard my wolf howl when he said that, my wolf was all a shade darker seeming black. He likes watching opera concerts and he hates salmon.

"Hey Em." Oh no did he have to come now, of all the times. "Hey Train, this is Linden, my friend." Whom I however want to be more with, given time.

I could see Train trying to figure out if Linden was a wolf. "Hi, cool name." Linden asserted and a smug grin is formed on his face after hearing that. "Don't compliment him, his ego is big enough." I reprimanded and Train scoffed.

"Don't be jealous, the cutie pie complimented me." Train asserts and sat beside Linden. "So this is where you've been, I was looking all over for you, dad said to come home early we gotta help." Linden perks up.

"Oh, so you guys have to go." He seemed sad and I was too, I was going to kill Train for this, Linden made me feel different, like I didn't have a pack to lead in a few months and that the pressure was building.

"But." I took Linden's phone and typed my number in. "We can always text." The idea was good. So we bid each other goodbye and he made his way toward his home after refusing a ride from us saying he needed the air.

"So what are you thinking gushing over a human like that, and don't deny it I could see it in your eyes, not even a day at school and you already have a crush."

"Hey he's cute, I like him."

"If you say so, anyway we need to help dad with the new houses being built, the packhouse is already done and since we can't have any more wolves in there dad said the best option we have is houses." I frown knowing my father was going to task me with all that.

"You're helping," I announce. "No way man, I want sleep." I scoff at his statement.

"You're helping," I said with a little more dominance leaving no room to argue. "Fine." That was easy enough.

The Ryeland pack had moved from the northern parts of the country, my dad had made an alliance with the Hollow Creek pack, after the alpha title was handed to the new alpha Cornell Winter.

My father wanted more land for the pack and the town of St Maine was the perfect spot since the Ryeland pack was getting bigger.

We arrive home to see everyone busy with one thing or another, construction work would be tiresome but they are wolves they can walk it off.

"Hey mom, we're home!"

"In the kitchen honey." Train and I make our way to the kitchen."Hello, boys how was the first day of school, was it all that bad." I shook my head no.

I had expected it to be bad since I left my friends, those who weren't wolves back in my old town but I met a beauty today who changed my mind.

"It was good, really interesting." Train snorts leaving mom with questions. "So where is dad?"  After my question, he walks in looking tired.

"Glad you boys came early, eat and go help Terric with one of the houses he's working on." The man mentioned by dad was the beta of the pack.

"Okay, dad." Train and I change and I wait for him to finish eating since I had the best food already from Linden.

As I'm waiting I decided to text the beauty.

"Did you get home safe." I wait for a few seconds.

"Yea I did, did you?" I chuckled when he sends me a picture of the book he's reading whilst wearing a baggy sweater.

How did he manage to look so fucking cute. "Texting the cutie pie." I ignore my brother and we make our way toward one of the many houses being constructed.

"Its good seeing you actually paying attention and not brooding over the breakup." Train knew about my break up with my ex-boyfriend. It was messy and I closed off because it was hard having to deal with betrayal I guess.

"I just feel better I guess, I think it's the change of scenery." He hums. We make it to our destination and immediately we are assigned jobs to do.

"Hey guys, I didn't know you were coming." Raziq was Train's crush and also the next beta of the pack, as you might've guessed. His father is Terric the current beta.

"Dad would kill us if we didn't help out." He laughs. While helping us move planks of wood. "So how was first day?" I was trying to avoid the smile stretching on my face.

"What happened that's making you grin so much Alpha." He teases. "Nothing happened, stop snooping." Train scoffs but stay silent.

The rest of the time we helped Terric and the rest of the construction team as much as we could with the building of the house. After we trained, I finally felt drained.

After eating dinner as sluggish as possible, I made my way to my room, unlocking my phone and I couldn't help but smile.

"Goodnight Linden X"

+++

LMJ