Chapter 7

Ava's POV

"What's wrong?" she asked shaking my shoulder.

"No-nothing" I said getting up.

"I'm not feeling well" I said not looking at her.

"Ok. Let's head back to the pack house" she suggested getting up as well.

On our way back to the pack house all I could do was think about the person I saw. Josh was here, but why. I knew deep down that he was here for me, but at the same time I would like to believe that he was here on other business.

As soon as I entered the pack house, I wanted more than anything to run out of there. There was a group of familiar boys standing in the foyer talking to Stella. To be more specific, they were flirting with her.

As soon as the door closed behind me, their attention drifted from her and focused on me. I gulped in fear as I backed away from their murderous glares.

"Ava, we have been looking all over for you. Father has been worried sick ever since you ran away" Caleb stepped forward and embraced me in a brotherly hug.

I stood awkwardly as he squeezed me in a tight hug. I don't know what was happening or if I was somehow in an alternate universe. There was no way that this was actually happening. No fucking way. He pulled back away from me and plastered a fake smile on his face.

'You are so fucking dead', he spoke through the mind link as he continued to smile.

I gulped in fear as my wolf clawed desperately trying to fight her way to the surface. I didn't want to cause yet another scene, so I tried to calm her down.

"What's going here?" I heard an authoritative voice ask. That voice. I could listen to him talk all day-

"That's none of your concern. I'm just here for my sister" Caleb responded.

Some people that were watching the scene unfold in front of them let out shocked gasps. I was also shocked. I mean, this wasn't his pack or anything so how could he be talking to pack members like he owned the place.

Come to think of it, ever since I have gotten here I have never seen that alpha which was weird. I would have thought that the alpha would have made an appearance by now, but I didn't see him anywhere. Not that I actually knew how he looked.

It didn't take long for Jay to close the distance between himself and Caleb as he grabbed Caleb by the neck.

"Do you have any idea who you are talking to, mutt?" Jay spat at Caleb as he lifted him off the floor by his neck.

Caleb tried prying off his hands as his grip only seems to tighten. Caleb's face was now red and I was afraid that he would kill him, so I stepped in. He might be a complete asshole and have hurt me more times than I could count, but I just couldn't stand by and let him kill him.

I pushed them apart and was shocked when they both flew in opposite direction. I looked at my hands and saw a golden glow. Taking in a deep breath and closing my eyes, I tried to calm myself down before I did something I would later regret.

I opened my eyes and saw everyone looking at me. I don't know if was because of the mate bond, but my feet immediately brought me over to him. I knelt down at his side to check to see if he was ok.

"I'm so sorry. Are you ok?" I asked raking my eyes over him to make sure that he wasn't hurt.

He was sitting on the ground and leaning against the wall. He rubbed the back of his head with his hand and when he brought it back around there was blood.

"Oh My God! I am so, so, so sorry. I can fix this let me-" I started, but was cut off.

"So you are more concerned about a complete stranger rather than coming to check if I was ok. He almost killed me for fuck's sake" Caleb snapped behind me.

A growl was heard and before I knew it Jay was up on his feet and ready to attack. Caleb got ready to defend himself if needed, with his friends at his side glaring at Jay.

"Stop" I shouted and walked between them.

"No one tells me what to do" Jay growled as his eyes switched from blue to gold indicating that he was fighting with his wolf.

"You better listen to Ava" Caleb said.

Why couldn't he just keep his mouth shut?

A loud growl was heard as it shook the pack house, literally. My eyes widen in fear and shock as I watched Jay shift into his huge brown wolf. He snarled in Caleb's direction and I immediately sprung in action.

"Please" I begged as I stood in front of him with my arms out trying to block his path.

I knew that he could easily push me aside, but I was hoping that his wolf would listen to me. He growled again, but I didn't back down. He gave Caleb one last nasty look before he walked out the room in his wolf form.

Not a second later, he came back in shorts that were way too low. I could see his defined abs and his very prominent v-line that stirred something inside me. This wasn't the time to be fantasizing about him; there was a more important issue.

"Why are you here Caleb?" I asked turning towards him.

"Dad sent me to get you?" was his simple reply.

"How did you know I was here?"

"I asked" he said in a duh tone.

"Why does dad want me back?" I asked confused.

"Don't be silly Ava. Dad was very concerned for your safety" he said giving me a knowing look.

I knew that look. He was trying to intimidate me. If I was still in their pack it would have worked, but I wasn't planning on going anywhere with them.

"I'm not going back" I said with finality.

"That's not really up to you" he said grabbing my hand.

"Let. Her. Go" Jay growled behind me.

"Stay out of this" Caleb responded.

"Who the fuck do you think you are coming into my pack and telling me what to do?" Jay said in an intimidating tone as he took steps towards Caleb.

Caleb immediately let go of my hands and backed away. He gulped in fear as he looked at Jay.

Wait what?

He was the alpha.

Holy shit.

My mate's the alpha of the North pack.

"You're Benjamin's son?" Jay asked.

"Yes. He sent me here to get my sister" Caleb answered in a timidly.

"Ava's you're sister?" he asked with a raised brow.

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah"

"She's not going anywhere. Get off my land before I change my mind and kill you. Oh and tell your father that I will be visiting him very soon" he dismissed them and walked away.

Caleb glared at me before he and the boys walked out of the pack house. I could tell that they were embarrassed by what happened. I knew this wasn't over.

They're going to want revenge.

A/N

Thanks for reading:)