5. Guilt

It's been a week since you had spoken to Spencer in person

It's been a week since you had spoken to Spencer in person. Sure, you had class with him, but between class and another case popping up, you hadn't been able to see him since last Wednesday. Texting just isn't the same as hearing his smart ass voice saying something extremely dorky and smart.

Spencer hasn't asked you about the freak out you'd had a week and a half ago—and you're grateful. At the time, you hadn't been ready to tell Spencer what it was all about. You don't like feeling vulnerable in front of someone—especially someone you may or may not have feelings for.

But it's Wednesday, and it's almost time for your class with Spencer. You decide you want to dress up for him, maybe make him feel a bit better in case the case he's working on is rough. Your thoughts flash back to Sunday when you'd seen how exhausted and beaten he looked. You bite your lip, rifling through your closet. Smirking, you settle on an outfit.

Spencer is your professor—and you want to look the part as his student. You slip on a blue plaid skirt, ending about mid thigh, and a light blue feminine button up to tuck into it. Slipping your feet into a pair of white Vans, you pull your hair into a half-up, half-down style. Your look is just innocent enough to not cause suspicion, but sexy enough for Spencer to know that it's for him. You finish off the look with a blue cardigan.

You grab your bag and briskly walk to the lecture hall, arriving at 7:58 AM exactly—knowing Spencer is already there. You want him to know what you were wearing, and you want it to be all he thinks about during class.

A little bratty? Maybe. Is it worth it? Definitely.

Pushing open the door, Spencer's head rises from the book he's reading, his eyes immediately grazing down your body. His tired eyes meet yours, lust and frustration flashing through them which makes you smile.

"Good morning, Dr. Reid," you say, slipping into your seat front and center in front of his desk.

He gives you a brisk nod. "Good morning."

You notice the slight strain in his voice and you smirk at him, getting out your notebook and Human Behavior book, settling in for a class of note taking. You write the date at the top of the paper before looking up at Spencer again, who is holding his syllabus.

"So, it looks like next class is our first test," he says, leaning against the front of his desk and crossing his legs at the ankles. "Today, I'm going to break down the exam so you will all have a better idea of how it's going to work, and then the rest of class can be spent studying." His eyes flash to yours and quickly rake down to look at your legs. You spread them slightly, your skirt raising up your thighs and probably giving him a good view of your white panties. After a split second, he exhales and walks around to the back of his desk, picking up a copy of the exam.

"The exam is split into three parts: short essay answer, multiple question, and matching. Overall, there are fifty questions. Each short answer is five points, matching is a total of twenty points, and multiple question is one point six points each." He looks around the room at each of the faces in the lecture hall. "I will include three bonus questions, usually short answer, so you all can try to get some extra points in."