NINE

Jeongguk hums a slow tune as he cleans the kitchen table. He and Taehyung finished their dinner about half an hour ago. The older went to the bathroom while Jeongguk decided to clean the mess in the kitchen.

"Jeongguk?", Taehyung suddenly asks, making Jeongguk look up at him. He didn't even notice that Taehyung went inside the kitchen.

"Jimin and Yoongi, his boyfriend, are coming over later. I would have told you earlier but they announced it just a few minutes ago. I hope that doesn't bother you.", Taehyung explains, looking genuinely worried.

Jeongguk's quick to shake his head, "Oh god no, Taehyung, this is your house, you can do whatever you want and invite whoever you want."

"But I want to make sure that it's okay with you.", the older male disagrees, smiling softly at the other.

Jeongguk's touched by Taehyung's statement. He isn't able to explain why he feels like that, others would probably think this is nothing big, but to Jeongguk this means a lot.

It shows him that Taehyung cares about him and that makes Jeongguk genuinely happy.

He sends the other a smile. "It's no problem for me. Should I prepare some snacks for them? Or are they coming immediately so that i should get going upstairs now?"

Taehyung shakes his head. "No, you don't have to do anything. I'll just get some chips and something to drink."

Jeongguk nods and decides to to go upstairs already in order not to disturb the friends later.

"Hey, you don't need to go upstairs.", Taehyung suddenly speaks up, "You can stay here if you want. I mean you and Jimin, you two got along well as Jimin told me and I don't want you to spend your evening on your own. It'd be fun, believe me."

Jeongguk's taken aback by this sudden request. He never thought Taehyung would want to have him here.

At first, Taehyung didn't mind that he was here as Dasom came over and now it happens again.

What's going on with the other today? Usually, he isn't that talkative and Jeongguk would have never thought that Taehyung would want him here as his friends come over.

Taehyung seemingly takes the younger's silence the wrong way as he speaks up again, sounding unsure and even a bit shy, "But of course, you don't have to, it was just an offer. It's up to you, i don't force y-."

"I- I would love to stay here, if you don't mind.", Jeongguk interrupts the other to stop him from continuing his ramble.

"I wouldn't have asked then, would I?", Taehyung speaks, a nearly invisible smirk on his lips as he has gained his confidence back.

Jeongguk slowly shakes his head, a bit flustered about the other's unexpected answer. What was going on with Taehyung today? Jeongguk shakes his head, getting more confused by the other's behaviour.

But before he can respond anything, the doorbell can be heard. They both are startled by the loud noise.

Jeongguk notices just now that he has been staring at Taehyung the whole time and vice versa. The older male adverts his eyes and Jeongguk shakes his head once again.

"They were fast.", Taehyung speaks.

"Go open the door, I'll get the snacks.", Jeongguk tells the older.

Taehyung nods as an answer and hurries out of the kitchen to the door. Jeongguk fills two big bowls with chips and takes out four glasses from the cupboard.

He hears the others walking in, Jimin's unmistakeable laugh halls through the house, making Jeongguk smile.

"Ah Jeongguk, nice to see you again!", Jimin exclaims, making Jeongguk turn around and smile back at him.

Next to Jimin stands a young man, also smiling friendly at him. Must be Yoongi, Jeongguk thinks.

"Hi", Jeongguk greets back. "Yoongi, that's Jeongguk. And Jeongguk, that's Yoongi, Jimin's boyfriend.", Taehyung explains.

Jeongguk nods in understanding and smiles back at Yoongi. Jeongguk immediately likes Yoongi, he seems like a nice person. And most importantly, he and Jimin look great together.

They all move to the living room and sit down on the fluffy couch. Jeongguk and Taehyung bring the snacks over from the kitchen to the living room, along with something to drink.

As soon as they sit down, Jimin begins to whine about how he wants to adopt a little cat but Yoongi's against it.

"You really have to tell that everyone huh?" Yoongi looks at his boyfriend accusingly. "He even had to tell a complete stranger in the supermarket."

Jimin turns to his boyfriend, a big pout on his lips, "Yes I have to."

"I've always wanted a kitty.", Jimin explains to Jeongguk, "but this mister here, doesn't want one although he promised that we could get one."

"That was two years ago."

Jimin hust huffs at this statement. "And? A promise is a promise."

And so goes the evening on. The couple bickers nearly the entire time, causing Jeongguk to laugh in amusement.

He really likes those two. Jeongguk also learns a few things about them and gets to know them better. Yoongi's a music producer and he seems really passionate about his work.

Jimin works in a café but he also gives dancing lessons in the evening. Both of them made their passion to their profession.

Jeongguk has to admit that he envies them a bit. Of course, he loves what he does - working with kids is great.

But his dream has always been to become a photographer. The problem was that he would have had to go to the college and that would have been too expensive for him and his family.

They aren't poor but they don't have enough money for something like college. Since always they had to save up what his parents earned.

Jeongguk's first plan was to take a job so that he could earn money for college but then he came over a job offer as a babysitter and he decided to try this.

He really loved this work and so he threw away his dream of becoming a photographer and looked after kids instead.

Even though he's happy, there's the part of him that regrets his decision a bit. Photography is still his hobby and he would love to be able to do it for a living.

But on the other side, he's sure that he would miss his current work a lot.

He doesn't tell all that to the others as Yoongi asks him how he came over the job as a babysitter. He tells them about his failed dream of becoming a photographer but he doesn't go much into detail.

Much to his surprise, Taehyung seems to be really interested in photography. He recounts that he always loved to take pictures.

The four have lots of fun together and the time flies by in just a wink. After Jimin and Yoongi left, Taehyung and Jeongguk wash up the used glasses and bowls together.

A comfortable silence engulfs them as they do their work, none of them feels the need to talk. Only the sound of the water in the sink can be heard from time to time.

Jeongguk feels himself slowly getting tired as it was a long day full of work. He's really looking forward to being able to go to bed.

Taehyung seems to notice the younger's tiredness as he speaks up all of a sudden, "You can go to bed already. I can finish this on my own. You have done enough for today."

"No, no it's alright, you don't have to do it alone I can help you.", Jeongguk protests.

"It's alright, really. Just go to bed.", Taehyung tells him softly. Jeongguk doesn't protest again as the tiredness gets the best of him.

"Thank you and goodnight.", Jeongguk says as he waddles out of the kitchen, already half asleep.

"Goodnight, Jeongguk.", Taehyung responses, causing Jeongguk to smile to himself tiredly.