28: Lies after lies

Jungkook was fuming, his feet thumped against the floor with each step he took. His hands were balled into fists and his knuckles were turning white. He was confused at his own emotions, at his own thoughts. Torn between what he wanted to do and what was the right thing to do.

His feet entered the cabin that was silent. The Alpha stopped, finally disconnecting from his rage, and noticing how awfully quiet the house had become while he was absent. He took a deep breath, at last stretching his hands and calming himself down. Warily, he walked up the stairs, not wanting to startle Hani. Upon reaching the door of their shared room, he peeked his head inside. All the anger he had felt moments before vanished into thin air as his eyes laid themselves gently on her sleeping figure. His heart eased in his chest, noticing the sleeping girl on the bed

Jungkook turned around; his feet led him to one of the other bathrooms. He needed some space to think, by himself. Closing the door behind him, the image of his mate was immediately replaced by the gruesome scenario Taehyung had described to him. Jungkook's hands held onto the sink and his head was bent – defeated. With shaky hands he opened the faucet and splashed some water on his face, the image was still too vivid in his head. That disgusting ritual of theirs had haunted him since he was a little kid. Sometimes, if he paid close attention, if he really pried into the memories, he had tricked himself into believing were gone, he could still hear the sound of the axe falling against the wood, the lewd sound of the head slipping, falling and tumbling on the floor, the laughter of those who did it...

The Alpha's head raised; his eyes met the reflection in the mirror. He leaned his head slightly sideways, thoroughly he analyzed the scar on his cheek. The gift they had given him. Jungkook's slim fingers traced along the scar, his throat dried as the hurtful memories filled his brain. He hated looking at it, seeing it plastered on his face for the whole world to see. A reminder that he was a monster like them – although he wished he wasn't. Even if he didn't have the scar, Jungkook's actions would prove it. He didn't know how it happened; how he became like them despite not being taught, despite angrily and constantly revolting against them. Perhaps, it was a natural instinct that lived inside of him that only was awakened due to the loss of his parents.

At this particular reminder, Jungkook's hands immediately tugged at his shirt. His hand softly touched the place that shielded his heart. It was a bitter thing to think about, an even bitter event when he realized he couldn't stop it or hide it. No matter as much as he tried, that monster would come out and kill everything that stood in his way. Jungkook felt powerless. Without thinking, without ever warning the Alpha of the spark, his body burst into flames, his heartbeat accelerated and his eyes swiftly changed to the color. He tugged his hair harshly, his body convulsing into his own self, desperately on the verge of breaking and destruction, for huge was the desire for wrath.

A loud smash echoed on the walls of the previous quiet cabin. Jungkook breathed heavily, his eyes focused on the spots of blood in his hand. Glass was spread across the bathroom floor, glistening and glimmering. Slowly, Jungkook raised his head to look at the crumbled mirror in front of him. It was broken in half; and the cut divided Jungkook's reflection in two. Tears were threatening to spill from the Alpha's eyes, once more reminding himself how gruesome he was and the things he did.

Jungkook took one last glance at his distorted reflection before he started picking up the shards carefully. His hand was healing rapidly, erasing just as fast the blood that was his and the blood that, although not belonged to him, he was the one who had spilled it. Once he had gotten rid of the shards, he washed all those memories and thoughts away. His cuts were stinging from the water, even if, they were healing; even faster, the Alpha scrubbed his hands. Sighing, he walked away. Hazy, cloudy, his head hammered, trembled and thundered. The Alpha had to practically drag himself back to the bedroom.