Chapter 31

My wound had healed nicely overnight, a small scabbed scratch remaining, although a nasty purple bruise was left behind, covering almost the entirety of my thigh.

I let out a big breath, resting my head up against the cold and wet cell wall, closing my eyes. My entire body had given up screaming at me whenever I moved, everything was now just numb, leaving me feeling like a floating ghost of a former human figure.

My mind was fuzzy, and it was becoming increasingly harder to think and make sense of the situation happening around me, meaning I spent the majority of my time slipping in and out of consciousness, waiting for Rosalina to reappear.

"How do you think she's planning on getting you out of here?" asked Emily, rubbing her dirt covered hand down her face tiredly.

I shrugged, letting out a big sigh. "I don't know what to think anymore, but there's nothing we can do but wait."

"I've been waiting a long time Eliza," mumbled Emily, leaning back until her back was flat against the cold cell floor.

Suddenly, the sound of heels echoing caused my eardrums to ring, and I turned my head towards the entrance of the room to see Joanna striding in, a morose expression plastered on her face.

"Well, don't you two look rather glum today," she teased, smirking at Emily and I as she tightened the laces of her knee high boots.

I shook my head, no longer having the energy to answer, and not wanting to give Joanna any satisfaction, so I ignored her, and was glad when Emily did the same.

Joanna rolled her eyes, her smirk dropping as she moved closer to me. "Oh, how I'm going to enjoy killing your sorry ass," she laughed, rubbing her hands together.

After a few seconds of glaring into Joanna's stone cold eyes, I noticed Rosalina's small head peeking out from behind the tunnel entrance, and she awkwardly cleared her throat.

Joanna turned and raised her eyebrows at Rosalina, crossing her arms over her chest questionably. "Any news on Logan's plan then?"

Rosalina nodded, stepping into the room. "I've been told a few more things that may give you the upper hand."

"Perfect, Spill it," ordered Joanna, taking a seat on the iron chair in the corner of the room, leaning back and crossing her legs, her body language coming across very relaxed.

Rosalina gazed at me for a second, before cutting off eye contact and turning her attention back to Joanna. "I don't think I should be telling you in front of Eliza, just in case. It's probably better to do it in private."

Joanna huffed, pulling herself to her feet as she grumbled. "Fine."

Just as Joanna was about to make her way through the tunnel to leave the room, Rosalina stepped back, pulling a knife out from her pocket, launching it towards Joanna's back.

Joanna inhaled sharply, turning slowly to glare at Rosalina, her eyebrows raised. Joanna reached around her waist, quickly pulling the knife from her skin, causing blood to trickle down her lower back.

Rosalina's eyes widened, and she stepped backwards, biting her lip in anticipation of Joanna's next move.

I watched in horror as Joanna threw the knife towards Rosalina, causing it to scrape her shoulder before clattering against the wall.

Blood poured from Rosalina as she launched herself towards Joanna, jumping on top of her, sending them both flying across the room, hitting the cold stone wall.

Rosalina latched onto Joanna's belt, tugging at her keys as Joanna twisted Rosalina's free arm backwards, causing her to yell out in pain.

Joanna grabbed Rosalina by the neck, lifting her up and pushing her up against the wall, causing Rosalina's face to turn a bright shade of red.