13

"This house is insane." I state walking up to, Harper. I had my own room, it overlooks the backyard with a small balcony leading out. It was absolutely the most gorgeous view I have ever seen with my two eyes.

"I come here every christmas and summer." I nod my head walking along by her side. Guards stood in almost every hall, I even had one at my room door.

"Stefano lives here, he visits New York for business." She skips ahead of me down the hall pulling a door open. "Want to go outside?" She questions me, wiggling her eyes brows. I smile, getting to the door, following her outside. My mouth falls open.

It was prettier downstairs, the green grass was a bright green, almost neon color. The sun was setting, the clouds finally let the sun come out for a while, reminding me of the time zone. It's like we flew into another dimension. It is my first time on a plane, though it made it even crazier to me.

I'll never understand how something so big just floats in the sky, I guess that's why I slept most of the way. The fear of freaking the fuck out.

We walk together slowly down the pavement. The rows of grass passing us caught my attention. The only time I've seen anything like this was in that popular princess movie, I'm living the dream right now.

"Why is the grass shaped?" I can't help but laugh, asking her. The house held beautiful architecture, all showing a past.

"I don't know, culture?"

"Culture?" I gasp, making her laugh along with me. "Culture is your answer, of all things."

She rolls her eyes sending up her middle finger. "I was raised in New York."

"That has nothing to do with your upbringing."

"Carmen, let me be Italian." I laugh so hard, I nearly fall into one of the bushes.

"Don't go ruining his fancy grass!" Harper pulls my arm away from them. As she pulls me away I look up at the tall nicely shaped trees, becoming impressed.

We enter another path seeing a giant water fountain in the center garden.

"Don't get me lost." The path was like a maze.

"That scary chainsaw man isn't going to come out."

"Don't say that Harper he might." She stops in her tracks facing me. "Really?" Her eyes are wide, moving her head to look around. "No!"

"Why would you say that!" She yells. "What? Are we really lost right now?" He face told me we were. I should've paid attention while walking in. I raked my thoughts before deciding to backtrack. "Let's just turn.."

I started but failed to continue noticing four more entry ways. The greens started to fade into a black as it got darker. This man should've really thought of lights, where are the lights?

"Do you have your phone?" Harper questions from behind me. "No, I don't."

"Okay, so we scream." I say simply, shrugging.

"What do you want them to come up in here with guns going off?" She questions me, like i've lost my mind. I didn't think of that, so maybe I have. "Then scream i'm lost."

"Why can't you scream?" Harper asks me.

"Are you really.. okay."

"Aah." Harper sends me a look. "What?"

"That wasn't even a scream." We continued to argue back and forth before hearing a voice near us. After chasing Harper after she ran away, screaming in fact. We ran into a guard doing his patrolling.