chapter twenty-six

season one ; episode six { Parcel 9 }
chapter twenty-six

season one ; episode six { Parcel 9 }chapter twenty-six

[ ⚠️𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 - 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓 ]

NIGHT FELL OVER OBX and everyone was crashed out in the living room. Brooklyn was curled up in a ball on the floor, cradling a beer in her chest. John B was crashed out on the sofa, his eyes opening and closing while he tossed and turned. Pope was messing around with a couple of scrap pieces of paper. JJ on the other hand was outside smoking.

Brooklyn eye's blinked open, looking out of the window to see JJ outside. She slowly crept across the floor and opened the front door to join him.

"Hey." She whispered, moving over to him and closing the door behind her.

"Hey, darling." JJ blew out a puff of smoke. He handed her a joint, her lips immediately touching it.

"How you feelin'?" JJ asked, snatching the joint away from her before she inhaled too much and he'd be blamed for getting her high again.

"I don't know." She sighed. "I just- I feel out of it. My head is elsewhere and my- I don't know."

She really didn't know how she was feeling. Her head was in another place, her entire body felt weak and tired. Maybe she needed sleep. She could wrap her head around how her brother— John B was dating Sarah Cameron, the Kook princess. She helped the boys trap Kiara and Sarah on a boat and then she had to deal with the boys for the rest of the night and for some part of the morning. She kinda wished they had left her on the boat with the girls.

"Come here." JJ opened his arm and brought the girl in for a hug. She wrapped her arms around his torso and leaned her head on his shoulder. "Can we talk?"

"About what?" She asked, inhaling the scent of the cigarette. "You okay?"

"Brooke, you kissed me." Brooklyn stayed attached to his side, not knowing what to say. "Did you mean to do that because I-I don't mind."

"JJ, I like you and I just thought... fuck the rules, you know?" She wasn't wrong, she genuinely wanted to kiss him in the end so she went for it. "JJ, I've liked you since we were eight years old."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Ever since our first hug in the third grade.. I just fell hard, so hard." She laughed, remembering how little she was and how big of a crush she had on JJ at such a young age. "I like you."

"Well, I like you too." He admitted but she knew that. "And I have since the third grade." She took a step back into his arms for comfort. "I really like you and I know you may, I don't know, be worried that John B will find out but-."