VI (Part 2)

BEFORE YOU KEEP READING, AN IMPORTANT REMINDER:

Even if it's based on a TV Show, this fanfic isn't for children. It contains mature language, blood, violence, curses, deaths, abuse, and sexual advances.

Please don't read it if you're not used to reading these topics. Remember this is just a story and we don't support any kind of abuse.

Finally, we hope you like it.

----------------------------------------------------
Lilith unfalteringly contemplated the desperation of the young alchemist...

Our heroes didn’t realize that while they were immersed in Rapunzel’s memories, Lilith had completed an incantation. Underneath the alchemist, a circle was now seemingly traced. The woman smiled as light began to emerge from the circle. From the edges of that very same circle, shining chains came out and surrounded the young man. They encircled his arms, his neck, his torso…

“What the hell!?” Cassandra yelled, stepping away from the scene, but Varian didn’t even flinch. His eyes were lost in nothingness; he looked like a zombie.

Lilith remained with her eyes locked on the young alchemist.

“Associate of my master...fall into despair,” she condemned.

Ariadna lifted her head and she watched, horrified, at the man.

“VARIAN!” The princess screamed with all of her might.

Cassandra and Ariadna tried to approach, but an electrical current pushed them both away from Varian. Lilith shook her head - it was obvious she wasn’t allowing them to save him. Cassandra filled with rage and unsheathed her sword, pointing it at the captor of her companion.

“Let him go! Let go of him this instant!!!”

“No. That is the task of the princess,” Lilith observed the little girl. “Go, Ariadna of Corona...Save him. Save him from the darkness of his heart. Or he will never be able to return…”

The princess’ eyes flashed from the light of the torches, and she ran towards the young man. In the moment in which Ariadna entered the circle, a burst of electricity tried to push her out, but she was able to stay strong, and hugged the young man.

The little girl closed her eyes and, when she opened them again, she saw an immense darkness. A chill ran through her body and she could see vapor coming out from her lips. She hugged herself, trying to keep some warmth. She looked around her surroundings and noticed that she was in the middle of nowhere. In the middle of a terrible storm.

“Oh, God.” The girl slowly moved forward, calling for the alchemist in a loud voice.

Ariadna trembled when she heard a few screams of pain - not of physical pain, but of internal. A pain so intense, it made her tremble. The little girl ran towards the direction she had heard the cries, and little by little, a small village came into view. She was horrified to find all those black rocks that have invaded homes and stables, easily having destroyed everything in its path. It was Old Corona - or at least, what was left of it.

The princess kept on walking, getting closer and closer to those piercing screams until she found a house that she recognized; she has seen it once in one of her mother’s drawings.

She entered from a heavy, wooden door and found herself inside Varian’s laboratory. She found him there, a young boy of 14 years old, heavily sobbing in front of a rock that imprisoned his father.

“Varian?” The princess called, and she ran towards him. “Varian!”

The young alchemist turned to look at her. His eyes, which were filled with tears, and his red cheeks showed that he had spent a long time crying all alone. Varian didn’t stand up, he only looked at her in confusion. He was shaking, and his voice was raspy due to all the screaming.