24

Feelings,
so deep in my feelings
No this ain't really
Like me.
Can't control my anxiety.

__

Chimdi woke up to the perfect Sunday morning.

And no, there was no roaster crowing loudly and neither did the church Bell ding to create a perfect picture of a Sunday morning. The day was simply school-student perfect.

There was no angry matron, who was one step away from obesity, screaming her head off and neither were students into a screaming contest, trying to figure out whose turn it was to use the disappointing hostel tap.

Everywhere was serene perfect. The streaming sunlight was all she needed to let her know it was dawn already and the teeth clattering harmattan wind, which was enough to wipe the perfectness off her Sunday.

She hadn't noticed that the fluffy flowered comforter wasn't doing it's job properly. It was tangled with her skinny limbs, courtesy of her night time rolling skills.

She cursed, and though lazy from sleeping, reached out for it, and perfectly wrapped it around her tiny frame.

She sighed, content and comfortable. She was out of her sleep induced state but wasn't ready to get out of the bed anytime.

That was what she loved about Sundays. They were a student's day of pleasure, no chores, no rushing to the bathroom, just the perfect lazy Sunday morning.

She peeked at her roommates, this time, Nene the ever early bird was still fast asleep and Lara was as knocked out, as a log could be. She couldn't blame them though, their Saturday had been a very wild one and she had one person to thank for saving her from having a hard time with a deadly hangover.

TJ.

With a smile tugging at her lips, the night's event came rushing back. They'd chatted for hours and had shared a bowl of Isiewu, a locally seasoned goat meat- at the club's bush bar, before the rest had joined them. There, she paired with him and they played a game of beer pong, with him downing all her punishments.

He'd forced her to take gulps of water and Advil before letting her get back to the hostel.

And with a disappointed frown marring her face, she'd begrudgingly gone back to her hostel, missing their shared moments and had dreamt of cute moments, one she wasn't ready to acknowledge who starred in it.

He was slowly claiming a space in her heart, one she was oblivious to. She thought about him, he was everywhere in her mind and she couldn't do anything about it.

What are we?

She couldn't put a name tag to what they shared. For all she cared, he was always caring, always looking out for her, his actions always made her smile and his genuineness. The little things he did weren't so little to her, they sent a message that pulled at her heartstring.

She exhaled, snuggling deeper into the comforter, thought, a myriad of cute moments before the shrill voice of, what seemed to be a raging musician's voice burst open the tiny bubbles of her snooze land, earning sleepy protests from her roommates.

She recognized the song as one of  TJ's crazy songs. He'd completely raided her playlist with the music of the likes of Joyner Lucas, Lil Pump, Lil Baby and a bunch of Lil's she was yet to discover.

A peek at the caller ID revealed Jiki's name and an adorably cute picture of him, all curls and pout, sleeping peacefully.

"Jiki boo!" She answered once she clicked on the receive button, snuggling deeper into her comforter.