40. SAVING KITTENS

40. SAVING KITTENS

FOR THE FIRST TIME in a long time, Aliyah woke up bursting at the seams happy

FOR THE FIRST TIME in a long time, Aliyah woke up bursting at the seams happy. After a night of making out and just talking, Elijah and Aliyah had fallen asleep on his bed, him holding her leg as it was thrown over his waist, lazily.

She turns on her side to face the man who she'd fallen asleep with. The sun shines on his face, highlighting the freckles splattered across his nose and cheek and his long eyelashes that she would be jealous of.

She watches as he shifts, slightly, his eyes fluttering open to meet hers. Running a finger down his scruffy jaw, she smiles up at him.

"Good morning." Elijah's morning voice is deep and raspy and sends shocks down Aliyah's spine.

She presses a light kiss to his neck before burying her face into the crook, "Good morning." As she's met with the morning breath coming from her mouth, she groans, "I gotta brush my teeth."

Elijah chuckles, his thumb rubbing her thigh, "I'm right behind you."

A bright smile on her face, Aliyah rolls out of bed and makes her way to the bathroom just a couple of steps away. She pulls her spandex up and fixes her tank top, capturing Elijah's attention. He watches as her hips sway, tempting him to want to do more than just brush his teeth in the bathroom.

When she turns the corner to stop in front of the sink, he snaps out his stupor and groans, lowly, throwing his head back in frustration.

He's so in love with her.

As Aliyah spreads the toothpaste on her toothbrush, she looks into the mirror to be met with Elijah's now green eyes. Not even a second passes as he stands behind her, only reaching forward to grab his toothbrush.

His free hand finds its place on her hip as he holds his toothbrush out. Aliyah spreads toothpaste on it before they, simultaneously, plop them in their mouths.

The two brush their teeth, eyes not leaving each other's in the mirror.

"What's the plan for today?" Aliyah asks, her voice slightly muffled.

Elijah shrugs, "How about we just lay in bed all day and enjoy each other's company?"

Aliyah spits. "Boriiing," She sings, receiving an amused scoff from Elijah, "For real, we should be like saving kittens or riding rollercoasters or some shit like that."

Elijah tilts his head as he twists the toothbrush in his mouth, "Are you high?"

A laugh bubbles from deep within Aliyah as she cuts her eyes to him. She hunches over to spit the rest of the foam from her mouth and rinse before plopping the toothbrush back into its little spot and turning to face Elijah who was still brushing.