Chapter 4 - White Lies Are Double Edged Swords

(Y/N)'s p.o.v.

I skate backward a bit, completely shocked. 'Oh no, oh God, what do I do!?!?' If I was to tell him, he may think that I'm some creepy girl who's obsessed with him! But if I don't tell him, I might never get another chance!!' I could feel my legs starting to shake and I felt unbalanced. I was definitely going to fall down if I didn't get out of here...

"W-well, Medra likes to make me embarrassed, so she tells a lot of our regulars that I like them. Sorry if you got some strange vibes..." I try to explain, hoping that he would believe it. His gaze keeps up for a few more moments before giving a small sigh and scratching his neck.

"Yeah, I suspected that. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable..." He murmured and skated off. I slowly skate around the rink, my body growing heavy. I watch as a few droplets of water fall to the ice. 'Was I... Crying?' I wipe away the tears as best I could and slid over to the rink exit. Slowly taking off my skates, I hear someone skate over to me.

"Leaving so soon?" Melone's flirtatious voice came from past the plastic divider. I look up at him for a second and nod, forcing a smile.

"Yeah, I'm just a bit tired and my shift is already over so..." My voice trails off, continuing to remove my skates. He gave me a look, but didn't question anything and went back to skating. I slide on my shoes and make my way out. I could feel someone watching me, but I tried to ignore it.

After changing into my normal clothes, I walk out of the Rink. Everything felt so out of place and crazy. I probably ruined any chance I had with Ghiacchio and now I never want to show my face again.

Walking past a common university building, I watch a boy with blond hair get very worried after a shorter older man lit some lighter. The flame from it was extremely large, almost like a flamethrower. Shrugging it off, I keep walking, needing to pass the building to get home. Walking past the boy, I noticed the man was now laying on the ground.

"Hey, is he ok? Did the fire scare him too much? It was a big flame..." I ask the boy, crouching down to the man.

"Wait, you saw the flame?” The blondy asked, seeming more and more worried after I said that.

"Yeah, it was like a blowtorch. Is something wrong...?" I question, standing back up and walking forward into a more shaded area.

Suddenly, I felt a hand grab my leg and pull me down. There was a strange clown looking creature with an empty void as a mouth.

"You saw the lighter relight, didn't you?" Its voice echoed through my very soul. I felt like my spirit was drawn out of my body. I scream as I see some weird looking arrow tongue show itself from the shadowy depths of its jaws, it's body crawling up my own before its hands grip the sides of my head.

I begin to cry, watching the arrow going to puncture my throat. It seemed to go in slow motion. I close my eyes, every good memory I have ever had beginning to flood my mind.

The first time I had worked at the Rink, the day I met Ghia, many birthdays, parties, and friendships. Everything.

I feel the arrow pierce my neck, signaling my death. But I accepted it. This was what fate had decided for me. 'Goodbye, I guess..."

My eyes shot open. I was laying on the stone ground of the school. Was this death? I look around, the sun had gone down and the blonde boy was gone. I sit up and pat down my body. No wounds, nothing was stolen, nothing out of place. My hands felt colder like they had been set in ice water for several minutes. I grab my phone, knowing I needed to call someone.

27 missed calls
Medra: 2
Ice Ice Baby: 25

I sigh, checking the time before calling back Ghiacchio. '8:37... It was only about 6:30 when I left.' I tap 'call back' on Ghiacchio's contract, waiting for him to answer.

In a matter of seconds, I hear a click and Ghiacchio's worried tone calls out from over the phone.

"(Y/N), are you ok?! I've been calling you for hours!" He yelled but was clearly worried. I gulp, feeling more tears sting my eyes.

"Yeah, I'm ok. I think... I don't feel safe, but I'm not completely sure where I am. I think it's the university... C-could you or your teammates come find me? I'm so scared..." I murmur, tears slowly flowing down my cheeks. I hear muffled voices before Ghiacchio cleared his throat.

"Yeah, I'll send over Illuso. Do you happen to have a mirror nearby?" Ghia asked softly in a raspy voice. Like he had been crying. I reach into my bag and grab my makeup mirror.

"Yeah, why?"

"It doesn't matter, just set it down on the ground and wait, ok?" His tone was soft and low, like speaking to an injured animal. I mutter a soft 'ok' and place the mirror down.

"Ok, he'll be there soon. Just stay there and stay safe." He reassured me before the phone clicked again, signaling the end of the call. I set my phone down in my lap and bring my knees to my chest, trying to minimize myself.

Nothing made sense. I felt the arrow stab me. I felt the blood drip from the wound. Something didn't line up... Not to mention passing out for a couple hours. I hear a strange sound coming from the mirror, making me flinch and back away. A hand reached out of the small mirror, continuing to materialize an arm all the way up to the shoulder. It began to reach around, patting the ground and waving about. I shuffle backward, fearing for my life. Not another crazy, deadly experience. I couldn't take it!

"S-stay back! Get the hell away!" I scream, throwing a rock at the seemingly disembodied arm. Despite my smaller then normal stature (sorry if you're tall-), I was pretty strong and had a good throw on me. It hit the arm dead on, causing it to retract back into the mirror. I stared on at the mirror, readying another rock in case the arm returned.

"Alright, I tried. Pesci, you're up." I hear a voice say from the mirror. Before I could even think about what to do next, a pink fishing line shot put of the mirror and latched onto my hand, digging into the flesh quickly. I screamed as it pulled me inside.

My whole arm tumbled into the small reflective surface. It felt strange like my body had deconstructed then rebuilt itself in a matter of seconds. I fell into someone's arms as I finished falling into the mirror. Opening my eyes quickly, looking to see who had caught me. It was Ghiacchio. Of course. 'God, it's like I'm in some fan story being read by a bunch of random people.' I blush softly, pushing myself off of him.

"Sorry..." I murmur, shuffling back to the side. I sit on the ground, rubbing my head with the hand that the fishing line was in. I look down at it and trail it back to Pesci, who looked a bit worried.

"Are you alright?" Ghia asked softly, staying a good enough distance from me. I nod slowly before grabbing the fishing line with my other hand.

"I'd be doing better if this wasn't here. Who just carries a fishing rod around with them?" I ask sarcastically, looking around. The entire gang was there, all with surprised and shocked looks on there face.

"You can... See Pesci's Beach Boy?" Melone asked, glancing between the guys and I.

"If that's what it's called, then yeah. Why, is it bad?" I question, tugging on the string gently. Risotto sighed and grabbed the back of Ghiacchio's sweater that I was still wearing, lifting me up to my feet quickly.

"We're going back to the base. She has a stand."

________________________

Woooooooo!! Thank you, everyone, who keeps commenting and reading this story. Your support helps me make these quicker and better.

For the time being, I'll make sure to take all ideas into account well writing the next part!

I love every single one of you, so make sure to drink some water, have a snack, and get some sleep. Don't be afraid to ask someone for help with anything you are doing or going through.

Take care!

- Your sleepy author