fourty eight

"What a pleasant surprise." A small smirk spreads across Klaus's face as he looks down at me. He opens the door to allow me in. Bonnie pulled off the body switcharoo- but I had a feeling it would be the reason for more problems to come.

Elena drank human blood whilst locked in the Pastors ranch- which I didn't even know she was there until I showed up to see what the hell was going on. Again- another problem, Elena was a vampire now. It's weird as fuck.

And of course, Damon tried to kill someone. Matt was his almost-victim tonight. But honestly I expected it at some point. He was really angry about Elena's death- of course mine was something he was upset about but technically I was still alive.

Would be nice to go through one day without Damon or Klaus trying to kill someone. Maybe thats too wild of a request.

"I want to talk."

"I was planning on stopping by, not that I'm complaining by any means." He says, closing the door behind me. I felt butterflies already begin to form in my stomach as I look to him.

His hair was curly and he had a little more stubble than usual. His eyes had dark eye bags under them- I couldn't figure out if it was stress related or death related.

"Do you know what happened?" His eyes flicker to the floor for a second before they are back on me. His cocky expression flashes away completely.

"I am aware. I'm not too keen on my sister at the moment."

"I came to say thank you. I don't know if you had it charmed but even if it was unintentional, I think I should give you some sort of credit." I trail off, now avoiding his gaze. Yaknow despite the multiple times I popped off on this man he still made me feel like some shy school girl- which technically I am. I just didn't particularly like being reminded of it.

"I had it charmed. I never trusted that the Salvatores could keep you safe, I was correct. Not that its unusual for me to be so." He shrugs.

"I'll ignore the cocky remarks for now. So thank you. For looking out for me. Not that it excuses what you've done and continue to do to my friends." I say, deciding against speaking the rest of my thoughts. I wanted to so badly but he's too hard to read and it was intimidating.

"Is that all you came for, Scarlett?" His eyes examine me. It always felt like he could see right through me so easily. I knew he could. I take a small breath, looking anywhere but at him. It was hard enough to think about my feelings without guilt let alone confess them to the man himself.

"I think thats what I should leave it at." I say, as if I were trying to convince myself. He could tell.

My eyes meet his for a moment before reaching for the door. He places his hand on mine, for the first time he doesn't grab it or block my way.

"I want you to be honest with me." He kept his eyes locked on mine.

"Honest with you?"

"About the way you feel. I want you to disregard your guilt and hostility. I want you to act on your feelings that you are so persistent on holding off." I pause slightly, taking in his words. What'd I tell ya, this guy could read me like a book.

"After all, you will never have see me again. If thats what you wish."

"You're still leaving?" His features soften slightly.

"Of course." I purse my lips, beginning to get lost in my own thoughts- even forgetting about his hand on mine. Was I really debating spilling my thoughts and feelings to this insanely attractive psychopath? Yes. Was I a little ashamed and nervous? Also a yes.

"I'll tell you what I want." I say making him inch closer to my face. "And the we'll forget this ever happened." I speak under my breath as it hitches every time he gets closer to my lips. I see a small smile spread across his lips. His eyes flash towards my lips before he slowly begins kissing me.

As soon as I pull him closer I feel his tongue run across my lower lip before meeting my own. The pace is quickly picked up as I feel myself be roughly pushed against the cool door and his grip only tightens around my waist.

Our lips disconnect for only a few seconds as I pull off my top quickly, but are soon against each other again. His hands move down to behind my thighs, signaling for me to jump- which I do. I don't even notice or care about the speed that he moves us to the bedroom. My mind is too engrossed in the kiss and his fingers that roamed my body delicately- completely opposite to the rough kiss. So much for
motion sickness huh?

I'm gently laid on the large bed whilst he removes his own shirt, leaving the chains around his neck to dangle over his bare chest. I attempt to catch my breath as he hovers above me, fisting the sheets on both sides of my head. I slowly run my fingers across the tattoo that I had actually never seen before.

I wrap my arms around the back of his neck, pulling him closer almost desperately. His lips trail down from my jawline to my neck and even sprinkle down my collarbones. They were needy but passionate and I literally felt my stomach do summersaults.

I arch my back slightly and let a soft sigh escape my lips as his kisses get lower.

I feel him halt and hover above me again- not sure if I was disappointed or not. His lips are immediately back against mine hungrily. One of his hands move down to begin unzipping his own pants, not even breaking away from the kiss.

Hot.

I pull away.

"Do you have like protection? Or...do you not need condoms...?" He cocks a brow at me, sending me a small smile of amusement.

"I'm a vampire, Scarlett."

"Ohhh, right."

A/N

oop