Unimaginable Summer (Summer Special) Page 12

The morning light shines down upon your slumber as you slowly open your eyes.

You feel the hot sun beating down, causing you to break down in sweat. 

Summer...well it made sense why it is hotter than a usual morning sun. 

You sat up then looked around and noticed that the only zombies with you were Todomatsu, Choromatsu, and Osomatsu. 

You directed your attention to Osomatsu and questioned the location of the other.

He turned to face you and pointed to the woods and on cue, the others showed up with stuff in their hands.

Jyushimatsu was the first one to show you what he had brought back. 

You carefully examined what he had, it was an old deflated beach ball and a bunch of acorns. 

Surprised, you wondered why a beach ball was even here in the middle of the woods but it was just the simplest curiosity

You smiled at Jyushimatsu and said honestly," Usually in summer, this was used for throwing around on the sandy beach." 

Then you also thanked him for finding you something to eat as well. 

Even though he was a zombie, you could feel that he was smiling as you said this.

Next, Ichimatsu showed you a regular sized metal bucket and little holes were able to be seen but still useful. 

You thanked him which set off a happy feeling around him. 

Lastly, it was Karamatsu who brought you a pocket knife and you knew that would be very useful. 

Thanking him caused a jovial atmosphere around him like the summer sun without the heat.

You placed the pocket knife in your front pocket and carefully dropped the acorns along with the deflated beach ball into the bucket. 

Looking at the three who gave you gifts, smiled and turned your head towards the other saying,” It is time to go find a river or some kind body of water.”

They all agreed with a usion groan and followed you through the woods to a nearby body of water.

You heard the sound of groans from the undead but no water as you walked.

Until Choromatsu tapped your shoulder causing you to stop and turn towards him, questioning why he tapped you.

He pointed towards the bushes and you carefully walked over towards them.

Then you parted the bushes slowly to uncover a transparent blue river, it looked breathtaking including with the sunlight beaming down on it.

You stated with a warm smile, “It is so beautiful.”

The six zombies looked at you while you were captivated by the river.

Although, the moment was ruined as you saw a zombie getting dragged away by the flowing river pass you.

You knew it was too dangerous to swim anyways but seeing the danger was just plain mean. 

Instead of swimming in it, you removed the items in the bucket while telling the six that they should wait here.

Of course, they agreed and you carefully checked your surroundings then headed near the side of the river.

Using the bucket, you scooped up some water and headed back towards the six behind the bushes.

The holes were there but it was very small so it would take a while for the bucket to actually become empty.

You checked the water to make sure it was safe to use.

Luckily, it was safe then once the check was finished, you splashed your face with it softly.

The refreshing cold water was enough to cool you down from the summer sun.

Osomatsu questioned as he stared at you, “What...doing?”

You looked at him and answered with a smile, “It is hot so I am cooling down with some nice cold water.”

Then you continued, “like this…” as you demonstrated by splashing some cold water on Osomatsu’s face.

Realization kicks in as you apologized to Osomatsu what you just did despite him not being able to feel temperature.

Suddenly, Osomatsu splash you back with the water.

You were surprised and a little startled but it cracked a soft laugh from you.

Osomatsu was happy too as he saw you laughing, the others felt the same.

Then Jyushimatsu grabbed the bucket of water and splashed everyone including you quickly.

You were almost soaking wet but in that moment, seeing everyone stare at him and Jyushimatsu feeling embarrassed that he got too excited made you covered your mouth while laughing.

The hot sun was now refreshing to you and it may be due to your wonderful companions.

You told them that you would get more water but Karamatsu insisted that they will protect you while you played in the river.

Shaking your head, you stated, “I may be a human who needs a lot of things to survive but it wouldn’t be fun to just play alone.”

Karamatsu was surprised by your words but happy inside.

You filled up the bucket again and the splashing was going to happen once more.

~Sorry for any mistakes! Honestly having summer while zombies are around impossible. Though I thought a little splash in the sun is good once in awhile. Thank you for reading! Happy Summer/Have a sunny day and stay safe~