(6) Whats Right -The New Kid pt. 2-

You sit in between Ahk and Kahmunrah in Mr. Mcfee's office. Ahkmenrah is holding an ice pack on his head, and Mr. Mcfee is staring us down.
"I want the three of you to each give me your side of the story. Ahkmenrah, why don't you start?" The principal says.

"I was walking down the hallway to the cafeteria when I saw my brother pinning (yn) to the wall. I asked him to stop, but when he didn't I told him to stop again. He then pushed me into the lockers and everything went momentarily black. The next thing I remember was (yn) at my side asking me if I was alright. Then you showed up." Ahkmenrah explains.

Mr. Mcfee writes something down on a notepad, before turning to you. "Miss (yln), what was your take on the situation?"

You honestly explain the whole event to Mr. Mcfee, who continues to write on his notepad. When you finish, Mr. Mcfee looks up at you. "So you punched Kahmunrah in the face?"

You nod your head. "It was wrong of me, but I won't deny it." Ahkmenrah turns to look at you, a shocked expression on his face.

"Now Kahmunrah. What happened in the hallway?"

Kahmunrah clears his throat. "All I did was ask her out. My little brother must've been jealous, because he told me to back off, and he punched me. I shoved him away, and he fell into the lockers. Then (yn) punched me." He says.

You jump out of your chair, furious. "How could you lie like that?!?" You shout, pointing at Kahmunrah. "That's dis-" you're cut off by the principle.

"Miss (yln) sit down this instant!! He yells.

You quickly sit down and close your mouth.

"I can't know for sure what happened out there, so Kahmunrah, you have a month of after-school detention." Kahmunrah looks angry, but stays quiet. "(Yn) I'm giving you two weeks of detention for punching another student."

You didn't really mind the detention itself, you just didn't like the idea of being stuck with Kahmunrah for two weeks.

Kahmunrah stands up. "What about him?!" He says pointing at his brother.

"He's going to be getting two weeks worth of detention as well." Mr. Mcfee says, writing out three orange detention slips.

You feel anger rise in your chest. "You can't punish, Ahk! He did nothing wrong!" You shout.

"If I have no proof of who did what, I have no choice but to give the three of you detention. I will not tolerate this type of chaos in my school." Mr. Mcfee says, handing you your slip. "You may leave now." He says.

You all stand up and leave the office.

You and Ahkmenrah walk down the hall to the cafeteria in silence for a few moments. "I'm really sorry, Ahk." You say, looking down.

Ahkmenrah looks at you. "What for?" He asks.

"You got hurt and punished because of me."

"I got hurt and punished because of my brother, not you."

"But I-"

You're cut off and Ahkmenrah puts his hands on your shoulders, turning you to face him. "You have nothing to apologize or feel sorry for, (yn). It was my brother who harassed you. I was only doing what was right." He says.

You stare into Ahkmenrah's eyes for a moment, before you both notice how close you're faces are to each other. You both blush and look away quickly.

"Thankyou Ahk." You say a few moments later.

Ahkmenrah smiles down at you, his eyes glistening in the hallway light. "No problem."

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

About a week has passed since Ahk and his brother came to your school. You had introduced Ahk to your friends, and he had begun to get settled. Of course you still had detention, but it really wasn't all that bad. For the most part you and Ahk would just pass each other notes back and forth when the supervisor wasn't looking. You'd always walk with each other home, which was great because the apartment buildings you lived in were right next door to one another.

It was a cold day in December, about three days before winter break, when you went over to Ahkmenrah's apartment to work on your president project.

As you walked over, the cold icy wind blew against your face, but you really didn't notice. You were far to exited to see Ahkmenrah again!

You knock on the front door, for Ahkmenrah's mother to open it up. She is a beautiful woman, with black hair cut short, bangs, and sparkling makeup.

"You must be (yn)! Oh we've heard so much about you! Please come in!" The woman says, stepping to the side, allowing you to step in. "May I take your coat?" She asks.

"Thanks." You say, handing it over to her. You look around the apartment. It is a bit small, but incredibly elegant at the same time. Beautiful art covers the walls, and huge vases and pots sit in different spots.

As you're glancing around, Ahkmenrah steps into the room. "(Yn), I'm glad you're here!" He says, smiling. He then turns to his mother. "Mother, I'm going to take (yn) into my room for our project." He says.

"Alright Ahkmen. Have fun!" She says.

Ahkmenrah and you walk down the hall and into his room. It's a square room with dark navy walls. Old papers and maps written in hieroglyphics are pined above a white desk. A large bookshelf sits next to it, a statue of a creature with the head of a jackal and the body of a man, placed on top. A large queen sized bed sits on the other side of the room, with pure white sheets neatly resting on top. A black bean bag sits in another corner, a dresser
Beside it. A couple stacks of boxes sits next to it.

"Please excuse the mess. I'm still unpacking from the move." Ahkmenrah says.

"It's fine!" You walk over to the papers and maps on the walls. "What are these for?"

Ahkmenrah walks up to your side. "My grandfather gave me these for my birthday a year ago. Apparently my family comes from Egyptian royalty, and these are old documents and maps found in my ancestors tombs. I'm still trying to decipher them, though."

"Wow, that's so cool." You say in awe.

"Anyways, let's start on the project." Ahkmenrah says, pulling a textbook out of his school bag.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

After a couple of hours of working, you take Ahkmenrah to your favorite cafe down the street to get hot cocoa.

The two of you sit at a table in the corner, and sip your cocoa in silence, until Ahkmenrah speaks up. "Thankyou for taking me under you're wing this past week. Im sorry about acting distant at first, I was just nervous about being in such a new place. It means a lot to me (yn)."

You blush and take a quick sip of cocoa. "It's really no problem, Ahk. It's been great to get to know you. I'm happy that you came here." You say.

Ahkmenrah looks at you with sparkling eyes, before looking away. He felt butterflies in his stomach whenever he spoke to you. What was this feeling?

Little did he know, you felt it too.

Woah!!! I wrote over 1000 words for a chapter?! This is a first!