Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Do I have permission to break your phone?" A hoarse voice drawled in my ear.

My eyes fluttered open, confused.

My body was hot. Excessively hot. It took me a few seconds after Harry spoke to remember what had gone on last night and why I was currently curled against his chest, one of his arms draped over top of me.

I blinked a few times, slightly dazed, wondering what the hell he was talking about. His hair tickled the side of my cheek as he nuzzled into the crook of my neck, pulling me closer to him. I shivered at the sensation and had to bite back a giggle at how it tickled. He let out a low groan that rumbled against my skin when a sudden noise made me jump.

An alarm. My alarm.

"Shit!" I muttered and reached up to grab Harry's arms in an attempt to unwrap them from around my body. Unfortunately, he was having none of that and only closed them tighter around me as I tried to pull away from him. "Harry, that's my alarm!" I whined.

"Oh, I'm well aware of that," he rasped. The sound of his voice in the morning made my skin tingle. "I've shut it off about 4 times now. You sleep like a tank," He reached over top of me, with one arm still holding me in place, and snoozed the alarm.

"You what!?" I writhed in his grip, trying to pull myself away, but he was surprisingly strong. "I have class today, idiot! I'm gonna be late now!"

"Class?" He laughed into my ear. I could feel his breath on the back of my neck and wriggled around in his arms until I was facing him. He grinned at me; his grip still tight around my waist. "Are you sure you want to go to class today?"

I glared at him, trying to bury my anxiety about how close we were. Harry just looked back at me, very amused.

"I have to go to class," I stated, hoping that he would let me out of his hold. As I looked at him, I remembered what he had admitted to me yesterday about liking when I said his name, so I quickly added, "Harry, I have to go class," I hoped that maybe it would make him listen to me.

His smile only grew, and he propped himself up onto to the pillow so that he could get a better view of my face.

"You look so beautiful in the morning," he murmured, clearing ignoring my earlier statement. I rolled my eyes despite willing those same butterflies to go back into hiding once more. He stared at me for a few more seconds before bringing a hand up to tuck some of my hair behind my ear.

Unfortunately for him, I took this opportunity to spin out of his hold and jumped off of the bed onto my feet. As soon as I had gotten myself upwards, I nearly doubled over and contemplated throwing myself back onto the bed. My entire head spun, and nausea pooled in my stomach almost instantly.

"You still going to class, Killer?" Harry teased from behind me. I took a few deep breaths through my nose, trying to swallow the impending vomit, and just turned around to face him. He had his head propped up in his palm and was looking at me, clearly entertained. "You had quite the night, I wouldn't object to us staying in bed all day." He raised his eyebrows and patted the mattress in front of him. "I'll even order us food."

"Do you not have to work today?" I asked, squeezing my eyes shut. The entire left side of my head was wracked with pain.

Part of me wanted to stay here all day with Harry. I wanted to just crawl back into bed, order food, and put on a movie. I wouldn't mind being curled against him for a few more hours, breathing in his scent and listening to him talk.

But the other part of me had to remind myself that we were just friends and friends were not that intimate. This was a luxury that I couldn't currently afford. Harry would have to order food and watch movies himself, as much as it pained me. Now sober and hungover, I felt bad that I had let Harry sleep in the same bed as me. The last thing I wanted to do was send the wrong message.